Mailing List Archive

my votes for 0.8.12 patches so far
I guess I should start the ball rolling on the votes.
At this time, we have 16 patches to vote on and 1 non-patch.
I have removed 08_LynxOS_new_gmtoff, since RobH uploaded some
real patches for it.

I have tested my system (SunOS 4.1.2) with all of the following
and they seem to work. Unfortunately, I can't really test many
of the changes since they are not targeted at my setup.
Nevertheless, they don't cause any problems on my system.

+1 01_lock_fname.0.8.12.patch
+1 02_NeXT_fixes.0.8.12.patch
+1 03_utsname_svr4.0.8.12.patch
+1 04_util_cleanup.0.8.12.patch
+1 05_nego_cleanup.0.8.12.patch
+1 06_ignore_index.0.8.12.patch
+1 07_interrupt_accept.0.8.12.patch
0 08b_LynxOS_new_gmtoff.0.8.12.patch [replaced by 08c]
+1 08c_LynxOS_new_gmtoff.0.8.12.patch
+1 09_no_bsd_conf.0.8.12.patch
+1 10_dynamic_load.0.8.12.patch
+1 11_imap_point.0.8.12.patch
+1 12_virt_server_name.0.8.12.patch
0 13_new_icons
+1 14_mod_dir_cosmetics.0.8.12.patch
+1 15_log_config_integer_time.0.8.12.patch
+1 16_virtual_maxopenfiles.0.8.12.patch

I applied them in order, except 09 must be applied before 08c.

I looked at the changes necessary to get 13_new_icons (install
Kevin Hughes' new icons), and it looks like several of the existing
filenames used by Apache are different. My question is: should we
merge the two name sets (i.e., allow duplicates), switch to Kevin's
nameset, or change the names on the icons to match our nameset.
I think the only important differences are between Apache's use
of dir.gif vs Kevin's folder.gif, and that we have a tar.gif,
but I cannot guess what effect it would have on some users.

I would like to include the new icons eventually, but it can wait.

......Roy
Re: my votes for 0.8.12 patches so far [ In reply to ]
+1 01_lock_fname.0.8.12.patch
+1 02_NeXT_fixes.0.8.12.patch
0 03_utsname_svr4.0.8.12.patch why is this need?
+1 04_util_cleanup.0.8.12.patch
+1 05_nego_cleanup.0.8.12.patch
+1 06_ignore_index.0.8.12.patch
-1 07_interrupt_accept.0.8.12.patch our code is not the problem
+1 08c_LynxOS_new_gmtoff.0.8.12.patch
+1 09_no_bsd_conf.0.8.12.patch
+1 11_imap_point.0.8.12.patch
+1 14_mod_dir_cosmetics.0.8.12.patch
+1 15_log_config_integer_time.0.8.12.patch
+1 16_virtual_maxopenfiles.0.8.12.patch

CC'd to Roy since I have not been able to reach hyperreal
for the past 12 hours.