Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Patches for 0.8.8 to 0.8.11 (fwd) {cosmetic} [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 29 Aug 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:

> No argument here. As Brian pointed out, it would be good to have
> a couple of people covering each OS. I think the group as a
> whole seems to be strongest on BSD. We could use some SysV
> coverage...

I'd say an IRIX 5.x and 6.x person would be needed, AIX to a
lesser extent (just my own feeling that there are probably more SGI
Web servers than IBM RS/6k ones), and Solaris admins are a dime a
dozen. ;-)
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org
Re: Patches for 0.8.8 to 0.8.11 (fwd) {cosmetic} [ In reply to ]

> On Tue, 29 Aug 1995, Paul Richards wrote:
> >
> > I'll obviously step forward for FreeBSD, although Brian Tao's probably
> > spending more time on Apache than I am personally. If we have such a list
> > we can buzz the people for feedback on changes for that particular OS and
> > make sure all the platforms move forward together.
>
> I haven't had much time lately to run through the code (especially
> the module stuff). As long as it compiles cleanly and can handle my
> rather simple Web server needs on the FreeBSD machines here, I'm
> happy. Give me a couple of months... my current job is done in a

Well, actually, the person who should really be keeping an eye on Apache
on FreeBSD is Andy, who's keeping very quite about it but I happen to
know has a nice new FreeBSD box just for this very purpose :-)

--
Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems.
Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul
Re: Patches for 0.8.8 to 0.8.11 (fwd) {cosmetic} [ In reply to ]

Re: Patches for 0.8.8 to 0.8.11 (fwd) {cosmetic} [ In reply to ]
> Well, actually, the person who should really be keeping an eye on Apache
> on FreeBSD is Andy, who's keeping very quite about it but I happen to
> know has a nice new FreeBSD box just for this very purpose :-)

Damn you Agent-69, my cover is blown! You leave me no option, I must...

**kKaboOOOOmm!**

> --
> Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems.

Ay.

Andrew Wilson URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford Office: +44 01865 843155 Mobile: +44 0589 616144
Re: Patches for 0.8.8 to 0.8.11 (fwd) {cosmetic} [ In reply to ]