Mailing List Archive

Apache 0.8.5 on hyperreal...
After a little more fiddling, including a last-minute test to make
sure that BindAddress is functioning as documented (whew!), Apache
0.8.5 is on hyperreal, compressed and gzipped. This is intended to be
a candidate for public release, so I'd like everyone who can to give
it a spin, particularly if (like, say, some of the left coast group
members), you run a server which hasn't been tried with a *recent*
version of the new code base since 0.8.0. (It would be nice to have a
spin on HotWired as well, but I understand the time may be short for
that).

Also, Cliff --- if you could get your friend with the cache-proxy
problem to try it out, and see if matters improve, I'd appreciate it.

NB the code actually understands *two* names for the server pool limit
parameter --- MaxClients, and ServersSafetyLimit (my last-minute idea
from yesterday night makes a heck of a lot more sense if the word
"server" is pluralized, so you have some idea what is being limited);
the sample config files use the MaxClients name, but if they were
quietly altered to use the other, I wouldn't go crying in my Cheerios.
(It may actually be a better name... dunno).

Come and get it...
rst