rob
--
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/
Re: Pragma: no-cahce Roy ? [ In reply to ]
>In addition to the "i-m-s", Netscape also sends "Pragma: no-cache"
>which he says should be read by the client as a "gimme a fresh copy"
>He therefore blaims servers for this Netscape problem.

He is absolutely and irretrievably wrong. "Pragma: no-cache" has
no meaning whasoever to an origin server.

....Roy T. Fielding Department of ICS, University of California, Irvine USA
Visiting Scholar, MIT/LCS + World-Wide Web Consortium
(fielding@w3.org) (fielding@ics.uci.edu)
Re: Pragma: no-cahce Roy ? [ In reply to ]
> >In addition to the "i-m-s", Netscape also sends "Pragma: no-cache"
> >which he says should be read by the client as a "gimme a fresh copy"
> >He therefore blaims servers for this Netscape problem.
>
> He is absolutely and irretrievably wrong. "Pragma: no-cache" has
> no meaning whasoever to an origin server.
>
> ....Roy T. Fielding Department of ICS, University of California, Irvine USA

I think they've finally seen the light on this problem now.

rob
(in need of a spell-checker)