Mailing List Archive

DNS servers for apache.org.
I've had an offer of a DNS secondary for apache.org. from the Applied Maths
department here in Cambridge. (Jon Peatfield <jp107@amtp.cam.ac.uk>).

Who is it who deals with this? Whoever it is, could they contact Jon to
fix this?
(I still can't find www.apache.org.)

David.
Re: DNS servers for apache.org. [ In reply to ]
> I've had an offer of a DNS secondary for apache.org. from the Applied Maths
> department here in Cambridge. (Jon Peatfield <jp107@amtp.cam.ac.uk>).
>
> Who is it who deals with this? Whoever it is, could they contact Jon to
> fix this?
> (I still can't find www.apache.org.)

Tut tut that's my OLD address.

I'll certainly set up one or more of our DNS servers to secondary the
apache.org. Zone unless it is huge. I can't tell how big it is at the moment
'cos I can't see any of the servers, I get connection timed out to both
DNS.ZYZZYVA.COM and DNS.INETNEBR.COM which appear to be the current listed NS
RRs.

Of course if we permanently can't see the servers our binds won't be able to
fetch the Zone...

-- Jon

-- Jon Peatfield (hostmaster@damtp.cam.ac.uk)