Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: ready ? [ In reply to ]
> On Thu, 20 Apr 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:
> > I am open to suggestions. The main oposition being the issue of
> > Email addresses being listed.
>
> If at the top it said "do NOT send bug reports or support questions to
> the following", would it be so bad? At worst, you just bounce the
> message to apache-bugs@bong.com.

I have added something to this effect. Just as easy to remove them.
It is also almost as easy to do a 'whois'. I am inclined to leave
the "PLEASE" in the top of the member list, and see how it goes.
Anyone in the group can edit the file if they wish to remove their
address.

-Randy
Re: ready ? [ In reply to ]
It seems to have been even simpler than that --- he left Includes
off the Options lines in access.conf. I'm assuming that was the problem
(it certainly would explain the observed behavior).

In a perverse way, I'm actually hoping that it wasn't this easy (it would
justify the false alarm), but it probably was. Chicken Little, exit stage
left.

rst
Re: ready ? [ In reply to ]
>So all the "big" servers are happily running 0.6.1.
>
>Is there anything to stop the beta now ?

I think we are waiting for documentation.

However, I do think we should have a 0.6.2, with some of the existing bugs
fixed, even if they are in features not in NCSA httpd 1.3.

Some things I forgot:

We didn't pick a good size for the nameserver cache. Can we agree a
value for NSCACHE_SIZE in util.c? It's currently set at 100, which was
fine for me, but others suggested it was too small.

The licence on source files which contain no NCSA code (stream.*,
http_mime_db.c) still mentions NCSA, and implies that only sections of
code are (c) Apache.

David.
Re: ready ? [ In reply to ]
> I think we might need a mirror site for the .tar.Z file.
>
> Any offers ?

We have some room at COMMA don't we? There, that's Europe sorted out.

Ay.
Re: ready ? [ In reply to ]
Randy:
> Let the pigeons loose!

I'd have thought 'Geronimo!' more suitable .. *groan*.

Anyway, +1 on going beta, provided someone tells me where all the
"How do I?" mail is going to go?

Ay.
Re: ready ? [ In reply to ]
> One random caution --- I've got a report from someone running 0.6.1
> (he just *found* it on hyperreal), that XBITHACK doesn't work. I suspect
> something flaky may be going on, but I don't know yet whether it's site
> setup or a real problem with the server. If XBITHACK is working for other
> people, then I'm still +1 on a beta release; just as a sanity check, I'd
> be reassured if I knew someone had checked.

I'm running 0.6.1 locally, it's just a dev site so it's not getting
pounded - not that it would make any difference. I use u+x in preference
to .shtml (or whatever) and the u+x on the #included files works fine
too.

COMMA runs XBITHACK, but only up to 0.5.1 so far.

> rst

Ay.

By local I mean:

72> uname -a
SunOS www 4.1.3_U1 2 sun4m
73>

74> ~/APACHE/apache_0.6.1/src/httpd -v
NCSA httpd version Apache/0.6.1.
75>
Re: ready ? [ In reply to ]
Randy:
> After some private mail with RobH I removed the link to the members
> list for a couple of reasons.
>
> I am open to suggestions. The main oposition being the issue of
> Email addresses being listed.
>
> ??

My e-mail is plastered all over my home-page and all the links from it.
I'm happy.

Ay.
Re: ready ? [ In reply to ]
Mmm,

> Please use http://www.apache.org/httpd/new_member.html
>
> It will make it much easier for me to add these.
>
> (latency problem....)

Huh?

Member: Andrew Wilson
e-mail: Andrew.Wilson@cm.cf.ac.uk (see the Apache FAQ before mailing me)
Comments: I'm really looking forward to this hangover.

Cheers,
Ay.

Andrew Wilson URL: http://www.cm.cf.ac.uk/User/Andrew.Wilson/
Elsevier Science, Oxford Office: +44 01865 843155 Mobile: +44 0589 616144
Re: ready ? [ In reply to ]