Mailing List Archive

.mcgi/.cgi in Requests Report
I'm running version 3.0 of Analog and we recently started setting up
mod_perl scripts with a .mcgi extension to differentiate them from regular
Perl CGI scripts with a .cgi extension.

Yet when I run the Request Report, none of the .mcgi scripts show up even
though they are receiving high enough hits (I see this by examining the
logfiles manually). The remaining .cgi scripts show up still, but the new
.mcgi extension ones don't.

I changed to use "pages", and added *.mcgi,*.cgi to it in an attempt to
force the filetype, but that didn't make .mcgi show up, but .cgi continued
to show up in the Request report.

Any help here? Could it be the four-letter file extension, or do I need to
upgrade to version 3.11?

Thanks-

ii

----------
David H. Bluestein II Interactive Internet
dbii@mudpuddle.com
- Specializing in Designing Interactive Websites -
- and Searchable Internet Databases -

.mcgi/.cgi in Requests Report [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, David Bluestein II wrote:

> I'm running version 3.0 of Analog and we recently started setting up
> mod_perl scripts with a .mcgi extension to differentiate them from regular
> Perl CGI scripts with a .cgi extension.
>
> Yet when I run the Request Report, none of the .mcgi scripts show up even
> though they are receiving high enough hits (I see this by examining the
> logfiles manually). The remaining .cgi scripts show up still, but the new
> .mcgi extension ones don't.
>
> I changed to use "pages", and added *.mcgi,*.cgi to it in an attempt to
> force the filetype, but that didn't make .mcgi show up, but .cgi continued
> to show up in the Request report.
>
> Any help here? Could it be the four-letter file extension, or do I need to
> upgrade to version 3.11?

There's no problem with the four-letter extension. But what HTTP status
code are these scripts returning? If it's in the 300's (not 304) then they
will show up in the Redirection Report, not the Request Report.

--
Stephen Turner sret1@cam.ac.uk http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
Normally: Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England