Mailing List Archive

Configuration changes and web archive
You may have noticed already that I have changed a couple of the
configuration parameters for this list. Specifically, subject lines now
contain "[analog-help]" instead of "analog-help:". More importantly, there
is now a Reply-To: set to the list, as discussed in the earlier thread
"Reply to whom?". I decided that replies should almost always be sent to
the list, as a notification that the question has been answered, so this
is the right behaviour.

What you won't have discovered is that there is now a web archive of the
list, at www.mail-archive.com. I've sent it most of the old messages as
well, although some of the threads seem to have got a bit mixed up for
them. The archive is searchable, although I'm not sure that new messages
can be searched immediately. Thanks to The Mail Archive for their
excellent service.

A digest version of the list is not yet possible, but should become
possible in the New Year. I don't imagine we're going to reach the 200
messages per day level envisaged by Anne-Claire, at least not before
then. Doesn't everyone automatically pre-filter their mail into separate
mailboxes anyway? :)

--
Stephen Turner sret1@cam.ac.uk http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
Normally: Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England