Mailing List Archive

analog-help: forms on nt
hi all -

i'm trying to get the anlgform.exe to work on my nt server, and have a
problem.

the error message i get in the browser is:

The system cannot find the path specified. Analog failed to run or returned
an error code. Maybe your server's error log will give a clue why.

unfortunately, nothing in the server log is of value.

when i attempt to run anlgform.exe from a command prompt
(anlgform?xq=1&qv=1) this message is returned:

The name specified is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The name specified is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

(yes, it shows twice)

my directory structure is:

H:
wwwroot
analog
analog.exe
anlgform.exe
and all other analog files from the download.

any ideas where i'm going wrong?

thanks!

pat brenner

analog-help: forms on nt [ In reply to ]
The very latest version, 3.1 (just released), now works under NT for me.
I never could get it working before, and the errors were similiar to
those you've listed below.

On an IIS3 machine, I just created a virtual directory pointing to my
Analog directory, and modified the Action field to
"/analog/anlgform.exe" and set the LO field to my logfile, and it worked
first time.

(Well, second time, actually. I forgot to remove the comments for the LO
field and got the results for the default logfile.log instead of the
file I expected.

Aengus
--
Aengus@Lawlor.org (preferred) | Aengus Lawlor
who used to be alawlor@dit.ie | An bhfuil cead agam dul amok?

analog-help: forms on nt [ In reply to ]
Actually, there was one other thing that Pat was doing wrong.
analog.exe needs to be in the location \analog\analog.exe: i.e., at
c:\analog\analog.exe or d:\analog\analog.exe or whatever, not at
/analog/analog.exe relative to the server root.

--
Stephen Turner sret1@cam.ac.uk http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
Normally: Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England