However, I am wondering if there is a way to configure Analog to analyse
the logs from our Proxy Server (IIS logs) mainly to monitor our
employees access to the Internet. I have done some tests but can't seem
to get anywhere. I can't seem to configure the Logformat correctly.
However, maybe I should stop here because Analog cannot be configured
to do that??? Am I trying to do the impossible?

Anne-Claire Tavares
acmramos@mail.telepac.pt
analog-help: Configuring Analog to analyse employees acces to the Internet? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Anne-Claire Tavares wrote:

> I am wondering if there is a way to configure Analog to analyse
> the logs from our Proxy Server (IIS logs) mainly to monitor our
> employees access to the Internet. I have done some tests but can't seem
> to get anywhere. I can't seem to configure the Logformat correctly.
> However, maybe I should stop here because Analog cannot be configured
> to do that??? Am I trying to do the impossible?

No, there should be no problem with that. Analog doesn't know it's a proxy
log that it's analysing. As long as it's got the date and time and file
requested everything should be fine.

--
Stephen Turner sret1@cam.ac.uk http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
Normally: Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England