hundreds of cache files (from virtual servers) and processing them into a single
big cache file. This works well for overall statistics. My question is this: I
want to generate a report for a given month (specifying FROM and TO) and have
the report only report information from that date range. For example, the
"General Summary" includes cumulative totals. Is there any way to have the
"General Summary" only include requests from the specified date range?

--
Todd Hall
Re: General Summary report help [ In reply to ]
Todd M. Hall <tmh9@msstate.edu> wrote:
> First of all: Thanks for a wonderful product!
>
> I am currently running analog ver 5.32 on a linux machine. I am
> combining hundreds of cache files (from virtual servers) and
> processing them into a single big cache file. This works well for
> overall statistics. My question is this: I want to generate a report
> for a given month (specifying FROM and TO) and have the report only
> report information from that date range. For example, the "General
> Summary" includes cumulative totals. Is there any way to have the
> "General Summary" only include requests from the specified date
> range?

You can't get partial reports from cache files - the cache file is smaller than the original log files because it essentially summarizes the information in the log files, so there is a count of how many times a particular file was requested, but you don't have a record of every request for that file any more, therefore you can't find out how many requests occurred between two points in time.

Aengus