Mailing List Archive

I am trying to figure out how to get year 2007 report
It seems my report begins August 2008. The web site has been up and
running sing Oct 2007 - is there a reason I can not see the report
from that date??

Re: I am trying to figure out how to get year 2007 report [ In reply to ]
Support for analog web log analyzer <analog-help@lists.meer.net> wrote:

<
< It seems my report begins August 2008. The web site has been up and
< running sing Oct 2007 - is there a reason I can not see the report
< from that date??

At the very top of the report, Analog indicates when the report was generated, and the time range covered in the report. By default, Analog reports the earliest and the most recent time stamp in the log files that you have told it to analyse.

You can also constrain Analog to only report on a log entries that fall between certain dates by using the FROM and TO commands.

If you have logfiles that contain entries from October 2007, make sure that Analog knows to read those logfiles and that you don't have a FROM command telling Analog to ignore entries before a certain date.

Aengus