Mailing List Archive

Help with errors sortby errors
Hi

I am trying to set up a configuration file, mainly viewing data by pages but am getting sortby errors all the time regarding bytes and I cant seem to see why. The errors are typically around
Warning D: In directory Report, SORTBY (pages) doesn't match SUBSORTBY (bytes)

I have commented out any sorts using bytes and cant see to work out why this is occurring.

My file is:
#
# Columns to include
BROWREPCOLS NRrPpBb
BROWSUMCOLS NRrPpBb
DAYCOLS RrPpBb
DIRCOLS NRrPpBb
DOMCOLS RrPpBb
#FAILCOLS
#FAILHOSTCOLS
#FAILREFCOLS
#FAILUSERCOLS
#FAILVHOSTCOLS
#FIVECOLS RrPpBb
#FULLDAYCOLS RrPpBb
#FULLHOURCOLS RrPpBb
#INTSEARCHQUERYCOLS
#INTSEARCHWORDCOLS
#MONTHCOLS RrPpBb
#ORGCOLS
#OSCOLS
#PROCTIMECOLS
QUARTERCOLS RrPpBb
#REDIRCOLS
#REDIRHOSTCOLS
#REDIRREFCOLS
#REDIRUSERCOLS
#REDIRVHOSTCOLS
#REFCOLS
#REFSITECOLS
#REQCOLS
#SEARCHQUERYCOLS
#SEARCHWORDCOLS
#SIZECOLS
#STATUSCOLS
TIMECOLS RrPpBb
#TYPECOLS
#USERCOLS
#VHOSTCOLS
WEEKCOLS RrPpBb
#
#
# The number of items to display on reports, sourced from
# http://lists.meer.net/pipermail/analog-help/2005-April/018024.html
# The floors for each report: see docs/othreps.html and docs/hierreps.html
#BROWREPFLOOR -100r
#SUBBROWFLOOR -200r
#BROWSUMFLOOR -100r
DIRFLOOR 1000p
SUBDIRFLOOR 2000p
#DOMFLOOR 1000p
#SUBDOMFLOOR 2000p
FAILARGSFLOOR 10r
FAILFLOOR -100r
FAILHOSTFLOOR -100r
FAILREFARGSFLOOR 10r
FAILREFFLOOR -100r
FAILUSERFLOOR -100r
FAILVHOSTFLOOR -100r
HOSTFLOOR -50r
INTSEARCHQUERYFLOOR -100r
INTSEARCHWORDFLOOR -100r
ORGFLOOR -100r
OSFLOOR 0p
SUBORGFLOOR 0.5%r
SUBOSFLOOR 0p
REDIRFLOOR -100r
REDIRARGSFLOOR 10r
REDIRHOSTFLOOR -100r
REDIRREFARGSFLOOR 10r
REDIRREFFLOOR -100r
REDIRUSERFLOOR -100r
REDIRVHOSTFLOOR -100r
REFARGSFLOOR 10r
REFDIRFLOOR 50r
REFFLOOR 20r
REFSITEFLOOR -100r
REQARGSFLOOR 10r
REQFLOOR 20r
SEARCHQUERYFLOOR -100r
SEARCHWORDFLOOR -100r
STATUSFLOOR 0r
#TYPEFLOOR 0.1%b
#SUBTYPEFLOOR 0.1%b
USERFLOOR -50r
#VHOSTFLOOR -20b
# Sort order
# Sourced from http://lists.meer.net/pipermail/analog-help/2005-April/018024.html
#How each report is sorted: see docs/othreps.html and docs/hierreps.html
#BROWREPSORTBY REQUESTS
#BROWSUMSORTBY REQUESTS
DIRSORTBY PAGES
#DOMSORTBY PAGES
FAILHOSTSORTBY REQUESTS
FAILREFSORTBY REQUESTS
FAILSORTBY REQUESTS
FAILUSERSORTBY REQUESTS
FAILVHOSTSORTBY REQUESTS
HOSTSORTBY REQUESTS
INTSEARCHQUERYSORTBY REQUESTS
INTSEARCHWORDSORTBY REQUESTS
ORGSORTBY REQUESTS
OSSORTBY PAGES
REDIRHOSTSORTBY REQUESTS
REDIRREFSORTBY REQUESTS
REDIRSORTBY REQUESTS
REDIRUSERSORTBY REQUESTS
REDIRVHOSTSORTBY REQUESTS
REFSITESORTBY REQUESTS
REFSORTBY REQUESTS
REQSORTBY REQUESTS
SEARCHQUERYSORTBY REQUESTS
SEARCHWORDSORTBY REQUESTS
STATUSSORTBY ALPHABETICAL
SUBOSSORTBY PAGES
#TYPESORTBY BYTES
USERSORTBY REQUESTS
#VHOSTSORTBY BYTES

Thanks
Re: Help with errors sortby errors [ In reply to ]
On 1/6/2009 6:56 PM, Casual Account wrote:

> Hi
>

> I am trying to set up a configuration file, mainly viewing data by pages
> but am getting sortby errors all the time regarding bytes and I cant
> seem to see why. The errors are typically around
>
> Warning D: In directory Report, SORTBY (pages) doesn’t match SUBSORTBY
> (bytes)
>
> I have commented out any sorts using bytes and cant see to work out why
> this is occurring.

Have you tried adding SUBDIRSORTBY PAGES?

Aengus
RE: Help with errors sortby errors [ In reply to ]
Thanks Aengus

That sorted the problem. Does that command also apply to the browser report? (ie when I added it I got a mismatch on bytes and pages again, but could fix this by changing BROWREPSORTBY REQUESTS and BROWSUMSORTBY REQUESTS to PAGES.

Thanks again
Mike

Re: Help with errors sortby errors [ In reply to ]
On 1/7/2009 7:42 PM, Casual Account wrote:
> Thanks Aengus
>
> That sorted the problem. Does that command also apply to the browser
> report? (ie when I added it I got a mismatch on bytes and pages
> again, but could fix this by changing BROWREPSORTBY REQUESTS and
> BROWSUMSORTBY REQUESTS to PAGES.

Some reports are hierarchical - the entries can be broken down in
greater detail. These sub reports have their own floor and sort settings
- for example, you might only want to see the top 20 directories, sorted
by requests, but only want to see requests if they totalled more than a
certain number of bytes.

http://analog.cx/docs/hierreps.html

Note that Analog is just giving warnings - you can simply ignore the
warnings - you only need to change the subfloors or the subsortbys if
the information displayed in your reports isn't actually what you wanted
to see.

RE: Help with errors sortby errors [ In reply to ]
Aengus

Thanks again.

Cheers