Mailing List Archive

Regarding SEARCH WORD and INTERNAL SERACH reports
First, I want to thank everyone that has been helping me. This should
be one of the last questions for now. I wish that I can help the others
in the future as well.

> The Domain report is one issue. And then, some of the "search"
> reports are turn off.
>
> analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Search Query Report
> analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Search Word Report
> analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Internal Search Query Report
> analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Internal Search Word Report
>
> how do I verify if we have any data for these reports?

>The Search Word and Query Reports rely on the Referrer field, and on
the relevant Search Engine being defined in your Analog.cfg (there are a
couple of dozen of the more common ones listed in the default
analog.cfg).

>If you have any referrers from Google or Yahoo, then your Search Word
Reports should not be empty.

>The Internal Search Reports need you to define a particular URL on your
web server as a "search engine", and which field in the Query String is
the search term. The Internal Search Engine is not defined by default,
so it's reports will always be empty unless you've defined an Internal
Search Engine,
>Aengus

If my Search Word Reports shouldn't be empty, what might go wrong? Or,
where I should check first?

I have tried with following setup:

INTSEARCHWORD ON
INTSEARCHQUERY ON
INTSEARCHENGINE /Search.aspx keyword
FILEINCLUDE /Search.aspx*
ARGSINCLUDE /Search.aspx

But this will give me empty reports with warning messages saying all the
reports are empty.

For example,

analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Request Report

If I just use,

INTSEARCHWORD ON
INTSEARCHQUERY ON
INTSEARCHENGINE /Search.aspx keyword

Then, the Internal Search reports are still empty.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Michael