Mailing List Archive

no stats or reports in ananlog cgi web inetrface
Hi,

I am unable to get any stats or report at all out of the analog cgi web interface for analog.......

my analog.cfg output if below....

# Configuration file for analog 6.0
# See http://www.analog.cx/
#
# Here are a couple of configuration commands to get you started. Add any more
# you like from the Readme.
#
# Lines starting with # are comments.
#
# There is a much more extensive configuration file in examples/big.cfg
#
# If you need a LOGFORMAT command (most people don't -- try it without first!),
# it must go here, above the LOGFILE commands.
APACHELOGFORMAT (%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b)
LOGFILE /etc/httpd/logs/access_log,/etc/httpd/logs/error_log,/etc/httpd/logs/ssl_error_log,/etc/httpd/logs/ssl_access_log
ALL ON
GENSUMLINES ALL
ALLBACK
ALLGRAPH
TIMECOLS
# LOGFILE /old/logs/access_log.*
# OUTFILE Report.html
HOSTNAME "[www.sirca.org.au]"
#
# You probably don't need to change anything below this until you are
# experienced.
#
# ERRFILE errors.txt
# REQINCLUDE pages
REQLINKINCLUDE pages
REFLINKINCLUDE *
REDIRREFLINKINCLUDE *
FAILREFLINKINCLUDE *
SUBBROW */*
SUBTYPE *.gz,*.Z
# OSCHARTEXPAND Windows
# Add whichever of these types of pages you have on your server, or others.
PAGEINCLUDE *.shtml
PAGEINCLUDE *.asp
PAGEINCLUDE *.jsp
PAGEINCLUDE *.cfm
PAGEINCLUDE *.pl
PAGEINCLUDE *.php
# More SEARCHENGINE commands can be found at
# http://www.analog.cx/helpers/#conffiles
SEARCHENGINE http://*google.*/* q,as_q,as_epq,as_oq
SEARCHENGINE http://*altavista.*/* q
SEARCHENGINE http://*yahoo.*/* p
SEARCHENGINE http://*lycos.*/* query,wfq
SEARCHENGINE http://*aol.*/* query
SEARCHENGINE http://*excite.*/* search
SEARCHENGINE http://*go2net.*/* general
SEARCHENGINE http://*metacrawler.*/* general
SEARCHENGINE http://*msn.*/* q,MT
SEARCHENGINE http://*netscape.*/* search
SEARCHENGINE http://*looksmart.*/* key
SEARCHENGINE http://*webcrawler.*/* qkw,search,searchText
SEARCHENGINE http://*overture.*/* Keywords
SEARCHENGINE http://*teoma.*/* q
SEARCHENGINE http://*infospace.*/* qkw
SEARCHENGINE http://*alltheweb.*/* q
SEARCHENGINE http://*dogpile.*/* q
SEARCHENGINE http://*ask.*/* q,ask
SEARCHENGINE http://*alltheweb.*/* query
SEARCHENGINE http://*northernlight.*/* qr
SEARCHENGINE http://*nlsearch.*/* qr
SEARCHENGINE http://*dmoz.*/* search
SEARCHENGINE http://*/netfind* query
SEARCHENGINE http://*/pursuit query
ROBOTINCLUDE REGEXPI:robot
ROBOTINCLUDE REGEXPI:spider
ROBOTINCLUDE REGEXPI:crawler
ROBOTINCLUDE Googlebot*
ROBOTINCLUDE msnbot*
ROBOTINCLUDE Infoseek*
ROBOTINCLUDE Scooter*
ROBOTINCLUDE *Slurp*
ROBOTINCLUDE *Validator*
ROBOTINCLUDE Ultraseek*
TYPEALIAS .html ".html [Hypertext Markup Language]"
TYPEALIAS .htm ".htm [Hypertext Markup Language]"
TYPEALIAS .shtml ".shtml [Server-parsed HTML]"
TYPEALIAS .ps ".ps [PostScript]"
TYPEALIAS .gz ".gz [Gzip compressed files]"
TYPEALIAS .tar.gz ".tar.gz [Compressed archives]"
TYPEALIAS .jpg ".jpg [JPEG graphics]"
TYPEALIAS .jpeg ".jpeg [JPEG graphics]"
TYPEALIAS .gif ".gif [GIF graphics]"
TYPEALIAS .png ".png [PNG graphics]"
TYPEALIAS .txt ".txt [Plain text]"
TYPEALIAS .cgi ".cgi [CGI scripts]"
TYPEALIAS .pl ".pl [Perl scripts]"
TYPEALIAS .css ".css [Cascading Style Sheets]"
TYPEALIAS .class ".class [Java class files]"
TYPEALIAS .pdf ".pdf [Adobe Portable Document Format]"
TYPEALIAS .zip ".zip [Zip archives]"
TYPEALIAS .hqx ".hqx [Macintosh BinHex files]"
TYPEALIAS .exe ".exe [Executables]"
TYPEALIAS .wav ".wav [WAV sound files]"
TYPEALIAS .avi ".avi [AVI movies]"
TYPEALIAS .arc ".arc [Compressed archives]"
TYPEALIAS .mid ".mid [MIDI sound files]"
TYPEALIAS .mp3 ".mp3 [MP3 sound files]"
TYPEALIAS .doc ".doc [Microsoft Word document]"
TYPEALIAS .rtf ".rtf [Rich Text Format]"
TYPEALIAS .mov ".mov [Quick Time movie]"
TYPEALIAS .mpg ".mpg [MPEG movie]"
TYPEALIAS .mpeg ".mpeg [MPEG movie]"
TYPEALIAS .asp ".asp [Active Server Pages]"
TYPEALIAS .jsp ".jsp [Java Server Pages]"
TYPEALIAS .cfm ".cfm [Cold Fusion]"
TYPEALIAS .php ".php [PHP]"
TYPEALIAS .js ".js [JavaScript code]"

I'm getting nothing out of this config and have tried everything to pull stats.....

I know there are stats there as apache mod_status is producing output...

Can someone help me please

Regards,

Tubal Deen

Re: no stats or reports in ananlog cgi web inetrface [ In reply to ]
On 10/20/2008 7:39 PM, Tubal Deen wrote:

> I'm getting nothing out of this config and have tried everything to pull stats.....
>
> I know there are stats there as apache mod_status is producing output...

Does Analog run properly at the command line?

What do you get in your browser when you call anlgform.pl? What's the
HTTP Status code in your log file for that request?

Aengus
RE: no stats or reports in ananlog cgi web inetrface [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Is it does run successfully from the command line..........

I initiate from the anlgform.html then it gets redirected to anlgform.pl....

the log looks like this....

20081022.www-ssl.error.log:[Wed Oct 22 08:50:18 2008] [error] [client 210.8.37.162] proxy: DNS lookup failure for: pc-16.frc.usyd.edu.au returned by /images/analogo.png, referer: https://www.sirca.org.au/cgi-bin/anlgform.pl

for the last access...

Still no output...

Any ideas.....

The settings file is attached.....

Re: no stats or reports in ananlog cgi web inetrface [ In reply to ]
On 10/21/2008 6:36 PM, Tubal Deen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it does run successfully from the command line..........
>
> I initiate from the anlgform.html then it gets redirected to anlgform.pl....

I'll ask the question again.

Can you successfully run Analog from the command line, using the config
file you listed here?

Then, have you run anlgform.pl from the command line.

That's the first FAQ in the Form Interface section of the Analog FAQ.
http://analog.cx/docs/faq.html#faq159

> the log looks like this....
>
> 20081022.www-ssl.error.log:[Wed Oct 22 08:50:18 2008] [error] [client 210.8.37.162] proxy: DNS lookup failure for: pc-16.frc.usyd.edu.au returned by /images/analogo.png, referer: https://www.sirca.org.au/cgi-bin/anlgform.pl

If that's from the logfile that you want Analog to analyse, you're not
going to get any results, because that's not an Access log, it's an
error log. There's no HTTP Status code that would give any useful
indication of what the problem is.

(Your LOGFILE entry is pointing at 4 different logfiles, only the first
of which will actually match your LOGFORMAT).

What do you get in your browser when you call anlgform.pl? If it's a
totally blank page, then you've got an Apache problem, not an Analog
problem. If you get a normal Analog page, with just a Summary, then
you've got an Analog problem.

> The settings file is attached.....

That at least indicates that Analog itself runs. It doesn't tell you if
your config file works, it just tells you what's in it.

RE: no stats or reports in ananlog cgi web inetrface [ In reply to ]
This is the output i got from running analog from he command line...

analog: analog version 6.0/Unix
analog: Warning M: Logfile /etc/httpd/logs/*log contains lines with no file
names: page counts may be low
(For help on all errors and warnings, see docs/errors.html)
analog: Warning M: Logfile /etc/httpd/logs/*log contains lines with no bytes:
byte counts may be low
analog: Warning L: logfiles /etc/httpd/logs/20081019.www-ssl.access.log and
/etc/httpd/logs/20081019.www.access.log overlap: possible double counting
analog: Warning L: logfiles /etc/httpd/logs/20081020.www-ssl.access.log and
/etc/httpd/logs/20081020.www.access.log overlap: possible double counting
analog: Warning L: logfiles /etc/httpd/logs/20081021.www-ssl.access.log and
/etc/httpd/logs/20081021.www.access.log overlap: possible double counting
analog: Warning L: logfiles /etc/httpd/logs/20081022.www-ssl.access.log and
/etc/httpd/logs/20081022.www.access.log overlap: possible double counting
analog: Warning L: logfiles /etc/httpd/logs/20081023.www-ssl.access.log and
/etc/httpd/logs/20081023.www.access.log overlap: possible double counting
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Virtual Host Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Virtual Host Redirection Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Virtual Host Failure Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Internal Search Query Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Internal Search Word Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Processing Time Report
analog: Warning R: In User Redirection Report, turning off pie chart of only
one wedge
analog: Warning R: In Request Report, turning off pie chart of only one wedge