Windos. No joy though - keeps coming back with this:

analog: Warning C: Command line argument +Gfoo.cfg too long: ignoring end of it

Even if I change it to the name foo.cfg so it's shorter.

Thanks.

--
Richard Heyes

HTML5 Graphing for FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari:
http://www.rgraph.org
Re: Separate configuration files on Windows [ In reply to ]
On 10/16/2008 8:05 AM, Richard Heyes wrote:
> Should this work on Windows:
>
> analog +Gc:canalog\rgraph-analog.cfg
>
> ? Basically I have two logfiles that I want to analyse seperately on
> Windos. No joy though - keeps coming back with this:
>
> analog: Warning C: Command line argument +Gfoo.cfg too long: ignoring end of it
>
> Even if I change it to the name foo.cfg so it's shorter.

Analog command line arguments are case sensitive. Upper case G refers to
the default .cfg file, and it's only used as -G to tell analog to ignore
the default .cfg file. When you tack anything onto uppercase G the
argument is too long, and Analog ignores the end of it.

You want +gc:\analog\rgraph-analog.cfg, with a lower-case g.

Aengus
Re: Separate configuration files on Windows [ In reply to ]
> Analog command line arguments are case sensitive. Upper case G refers to the
> default .cfg file, and it's only used as -G to tell analog to ignore the
> default .cfg file. When you tack anything onto uppercase G the argument is
> too long, and Analog ignores the end of it.
>
> You want +gc:\analog\rgraph-analog.cfg, with a lower-case g.

I don't, I want Analog to use a totally separate config file, ignoring
the default cfg file.

Thanks.

Re: Separate configuration files on Windows [ In reply to ]
Richard Heyes <richard@php.net> wrote:
>> Analog command line arguments are case sensitive. Upper case G
>> refers to the default .cfg file, and it's only used as -G to tell
>> analog to ignore the default .cfg file. When you tack anything onto
>> uppercase G the argument is too long, and Analog ignores the end of
>> it.
>>
>> You want +gc:\analog\rgraph-analog.cfg, with a lower-case g.
>
> I don't, I want Analog to use a totally separate config file, ignoring
> the default cfg file.

Then you want -G +gc:\analog\rgraph-analog.cfg

Config files aren't "either/or" - you can have multiple .cfg files, so the -G turns off the default.cfg file, and you can use +g to turn on your other.cfg file (you can have multiple +g commands).

http://analog.cx/docs/syntax.html#specialcfgs

Aengus

RE: Separate configuration files on Windows [ In reply to ]
That would be this:

analog.exe -G +gc:\analog\rgraph-analog.cfg

Be careful not to put a space between the "+g" and the argument to it.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Seven Simple Machines

Re: Separate configuration files on Windows [ In reply to ]
> That would be this:
>
> analog.exe -G +gc:\analog\rgraph-analog.cfg
>
> Be careful not to put a space between the "+g" and the argument to it.

Fabulous, thank you.