monthly statistics on a Proxy Server for their online database resources.

For each library, I run analog twice: once for an html output, and one for
a text file they can download for archival purposes.

I would like to incorporate a link on the html output that points to the
text file ouput page so library staff can get to this text file from the
html ouput page.

To do this, would it be more appropriate to make changes in the the css
stylesheets?

Re: Create links on html output [ In reply to ]
On 8/29/2008 11:27 AM, Brian Clanton wrote:
> I am running analog on a monthly basis for 6 separate libraries to get
> monthly statistics on a Proxy Server for their online database resources.
>
> For each library, I run analog twice: once for an html output, and one for
> a text file they can download for archival purposes.
>
> I would like to incorporate a link on the html output that points to the
> text file ouput page so library staff can get to this text file from the
> html ouput page.
>
> To do this, would it be more appropriate to make changes in the the css
> stylesheets?

LOGOURL is the only simple way that I can think to what you want to do
without modifying the CSS.

http://analog.cx/docs/output.html#LOGO

(Maybe you could do something with a dummy Virtual Host Report, and a
dummy logfile with a single link to your text file).

Aengus
Re: Create links on html output [ In reply to ]
2008/8/29 Aengus <analog07@eircom.net>:
> On 8/29/2008 11:27 AM, Brian Clanton wrote:
>>
>> I am running analog on a monthly basis for 6 separate libraries to get
>> monthly statistics on a Proxy Server for their online database resources.
>>
>> For each library, I run analog twice: once for an html output, and one
>> for
>> a text file they can download for archival purposes.
>>
>> I would like to incorporate a link on the html output that points to the
>> text file ouput page so library staff can get to this text file from the
>> html ouput page.
>>
>> To do this, would it be more appropriate to make changes in the the css
>> stylesheets?
>
> LOGOURL is the only simple way that I can think to what you want to do
> without modifying the CSS.
>
> http://analog.cx/docs/output.html#LOGO
>
> (Maybe you could do something with a dummy Virtual Host Report, and a dummy
> logfile with a single link to your text file).

You can use HEADERFILE or FOOTERFILE to include additional text near
the top or bottom of the output.

--
Stephen Turner
RE: Create links on html output [ In reply to ]
The HEADERFILE is a good idea.

I have the file that HEADERFILE points to be an html document that just has
a link to the text output.