Mailing List Archive

FROM TO syntax explained
I am a bit confused about the time frame commands FROM and TO and what they
mean. I want to run my statistics on a monthly basis and I want to run it
first thing at the beginning of every month.

I want full statistics from the previous month, so I want to say "Run
statistices from the beginning of the previous month to the end of the
previous month"

The example in README is similar to what I need, but I am confused about a
few things:
FROM yyMMdd

FROM -01-00+01 # from tomorrow last year
TO -00-0131 # to the end of last month (OK even if last month
# didn't have 31 days)

FROM -01-00+01
Yy
-01 = Last Year
MM
-00 = ?? (What is a minus 00 month..?)
dd
+01 = Tomorrow

TO -00-0131
YY
-00 = ?? (What is a minus 00 year?)
MM
-01 = Last month
Dd
31 = The 31st or last day of the month
Re: FROM TO syntax explained [ In reply to ]
2008/8/13 Brian Clanton <bclanton@dupagels.lib.il.us>:
> I am a bit confused about the time frame commands FROM and TO and what they
> mean. I want to run my statistics on a monthly basis and I want to run it
> first thing at the beginning of every month.
>
> I want full statistics from the previous month, so I want to say "Run
> statistices from the beginning of the previous month to the end of the
> previous month"
>
> The example in README is similar to what I need, but I am confused about a
> few things:
> FROM yyMMdd
>
> FROM -01-00+01 # from tomorrow last year
> TO -00-0131 # to the end of last month (OK even if last month
> # didn't have 31 days)
>
> FROM -01-00+01
> Yy
> -01 = Last Year
> MM
> -00 = ?? (What is a minus 00 month….?)
> dd
> +01 = Tomorrow
>
> TO -00-0131
> YY
> -00 = ?? (What is a minus 00 year?)
> MM
> -01 = Last month
> Dd
> 31 = The 31st or last day of the month

It's relative to the current date, so -01 is last month, -00 or +00 is
this month, +01 is next month, etc.

--
Stephen Turner