will the O/S distribute it out evenly?

Thanks
Terry
RE: Running multiple reports on the same server [ In reply to ]
Solaris (and any other operating system) will segregate different memory for each process that is running. In this case each instance of Analog that you start is independent and will run as its own process so the memory they use is segregated.

Analog is compiled in 32-bit mode by default and therefore can only reach 4GB of memory. If you re-compile in 64-bit mode (there are directions in the make file and possibly binaries in ports) then it can access more than 4GB of RAM (18 exabytes theoretically).

I don't know a whole lot about how Solaris works, but guessing from their documentation<http://docsun.cites.uiuc.edu/sun_docs/C/solaris_9/SUNWdev/SOL64TRANS/p5.html>, it allocates one 32-bit virtual machine for all 32-bit apps, so multiple 32-bit versions of Analog will be fighting for the same 4GB of memory.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Seven Simple Machines