Mailing List Archive

Running out of memory
Hi all,

I have quite large log files and I'm trying to generate statistics on a machine few memory.

After many tests, I find out I got error when enabling SEARCHQUERY.
Is any way to request analog to consider only last 7 days requests ?

Bye

Laurent
---
The misspelling master is on the Web.
_________ 100 % Dictionnary Free !
/ /(
/ Dico / / Pleins d'autres fautes sur
/________/ /
(#######( / http://destroyedlolo.homeunix.org
Quoi, des fautes d'orthographe! Pas possible ;-D.

A voir aussi : http://sillingy.clubphotos.fr , le site du
photo club de ... Sillingy.

Re: Running out of memory [ In reply to ]
Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have quite large log files and I'm trying to generate statistics on
> a machine few memory.
>
> After many tests, I find out I got error when enabling SEARCHQUERY.
> Is any way to request analog to consider only last 7 days requests ?

If you can't use Wild cards to just specify a subest of logfiles to analyse, you can tell Analog to ignore all requests that fall outsite a specific time range using the FROM and TO commands.

http://analog.cx/docs/include.html#FROMTO

Aengus

Re: Running out of memory [ In reply to ]
2008/8/8 Laurent FAILLIE <l_faillie@yahoo.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I have quite large log files and I'm trying to generate statistics on a machine few memory.
>
> After many tests, I find out I got error when enabling SEARCHQUERY.
> Is any way to request analog to consider only last 7 days requests ?

Yes. You can use
FROM -00-00-07
to limit the whole report to just the last seven days.

Alternatively, you can use some of the *LOWMEM commands to tell analog
to use less memory in various ways.
HOSTLOWMEM 3
is often a good idea.

--