Mailing List Archive

Cannot open Logfile, please help!
LOGFORMAT %s
LOGFILE \\172.17.190.48\share1\apache_logs\prdwcs-a.all

C:\Program Files\analog 6.0>analog.exe
analog.exe: analog version 6.0/Win32
analog.exe: Warning M: Logfile \\172.17.190.48
\share1\apache_logs\prdwcs-a.all
contains lines with no file names: page counts may be low
(For help on all errors and warnings, see docs/errors.html)
analog.exe: Warning M: Logfile \\172.17.190.48
\share1\apache_logs\prdwcs-a.all
contains lines with no bytes: byte counts may be low
analog.exe: Warning F: Failed to open logfile
\\172.17.190.48\share1\apache_logs\prdwcs-a.all: ignoring it
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty time reports
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Request Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Redirection Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Failure Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty File Type Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Directory Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Host Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Host Redirection Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Host Failure Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Domain Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Referrer Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Referring Site Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Browser Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty User Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty User Redirection Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Organisation Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Search Query Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Search Word Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Internal Search Query Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Browser Summary
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Operating System Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty File Size Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Status Code Report
analog.exe: Warning R: Turning off empty Processing Time Report
Re: Cannot open Logfile, please help! [ In reply to ]
2008/7/18 Hanif <hanifbh@gmail.com>:
> LOGFORMAT %s
> LOGFILE \\172.17.190.48\share1\apache_logs\prdwcs-a.all
>
> analog.exe: Warning F: Failed to open logfile
> \\172.17.190.48\share1\apache_logs\prdwcs-a.all: ignoring it

I think the system calls which analog uses don't understand the
network drive notation beginning with "\\". It should work if you use
Map Network Drive in Windows to assign that resource a drive letter,
e.g. Z:, and then use that path name instead.

--
Stephen Turner
Re: Cannot open Logfile, please help! [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your reply Stephen. I mapped the drives with a specified letter
and heres my log:

C:\Program Files\analog 6.0>analog
analog: analog version 6.0/Win32
analog: Warning C: Too many arguments for configuration command: ignoring
end
of line starting:
LOGFILE A:LOGFILE G:LANGUAGE
(For help on all errors and warnings, see docs/errors.html)
analog: Warning F: Failed to open logfile A:LOGFILE: ignoring it
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty time reports
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Request Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Redirection Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Failure Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty File Type Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Directory Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Host Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Host Redirection Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Host Failure Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Domain Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Referrer Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Referring Site Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Browser Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty User Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty User Redirection Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Organisation Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Search Query Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Search Word Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Internal Search Query Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Browser Summary
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Operating System Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty File Size Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Status Code Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Processing Time Report

C:\Program Files\analog 6.0>

#

LOGO logo.jpg
HOSTNAME "prdwcs-a and prdwcs-b"

LOGFILE A:\
LOGFILE G:\

Re: Cannot open Logfile, please help! [ In reply to ]
And the filenames contained in the directories are, for instance:

access_log.20080607_2215
access_log.20080608_1446
access_log.20080610_1901

etc

Thanks for any provided help!

Re: Cannot open Logfile, please help! [ In reply to ]
Update:
If I move the analog.exe and its associated folders to the A:\ drive where
the first part of my logs reside and I type: "analog access_log.*"

It produces a report successfully, although with broken images, after 1-2
minutes. At least I am making this much progress but I also need to generate
a report for the logs stored in the G:\ drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Cannot open Logfile, please help! [ In reply to ]
Try using

LOGFILE A:\access_log*

For other drives (ie your 'g:' use a separate 'LOGFILE' command.

Eg
LOGFILE A:\access_log*
LOGFILE G:\access_log* (or LOGFILE G:\<directory>\access_log*

http://www.analog.cx/docs/logfile.html

Rgds

Alan Wright
FEHS Technician

Re: Cannot open Logfile, please help! [ In reply to ]
Thanks I think that worked

However I do get these warnings
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: analog version 6.0/Win32
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080607_2215 and G:\access_log.20080607_1034 overlap:
possible
double counting
(For help on all errors and warnings, see docs/errors.html)
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080608_1446 and G:\access_log.20080608_2354 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080609_1905 and G:\access_log.20080609_2220 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080610_1901 and G:\access_log.20080610_1939 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080611_1619 and G:\access_log.20080611_2056 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080612_1441 and G:\access_log.20080612_1758 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080613_1247 and G:\access_log.20080613_2231 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080614_1728 and G:\access_log.20080614_1142 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080615_2307 and G:\access_log.20080615_2327 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080616_1703 and G:\access_log.20080616_2012 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080617_0009 and G:\access_log.20080617_2111 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080618_1835 and G:\access_log.20080618_2040 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080619_1150 and G:\access_log.20080619_1055 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080620_1145 and G:\access_log.20080620_2025 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080621_1135 and G:\access_log.20080621_1907 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080622_2303 and G:\access_log.20080622_1436 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080623_2016 and G:\access_log.20080623_1353 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080624_2248 and G:\access_log.20080624_2129 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080625_0323 and G:\access_log.20080625_1805 overlap:
possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080626_1646 and G:\access_log.20080626_1033 overlap:
possible
double counting

RE: Cannot open Logfile, please help! [ In reply to ]
That warning means that analog has found log files which have 'overlaping' times. Its finding that the logfiles have lines where the times 'overlap'. So analog is being nice and just letting you know.

http://www.analog.cx/docs/errors.html - do a find for 'Category L' on that page and it explains it. It may be a problem, it may not. It depends on how you have the webserver logging setup.

Rgds

Alan Wright
FEHS Technician

C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: analog version 6.0/Win32 C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080607_2215 and G:\access_log.20080607_1034 overlap: possible
double counting
(For help on all errors and warnings, see docs/errors.html) C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080608_1446 and G:\access_log.20080608_2354 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080609_1905 and G:\access_log.20080609_2220 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080610_1901 and G:\access_log.20080610_1939 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080611_1619 and G:\access_log.20080611_2056 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080612_1441 and G:\access_log.20080612_1758 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080613_1247 and G:\access_log.20080613_2231 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080614_1728 and G:\access_log.20080614_1142 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080615_2307 and G:\access_log.20080615_2327 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080616_1703 and G:\access_log.20080616_2012 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080617_0009 and G:\access_log.20080617_2111 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080618_1835 and G:\access_log.20080618_2040 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080619_1150 and G:\access_log.20080619_1055 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080620_1145 and G:\access_log.20080620_2025 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080621_1135 and G:\access_log.20080621_1907 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080622_2303 and G:\access_log.20080622_1436 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080623_2016 and G:\access_log.20080623_1353 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080624_2248 and G:\access_log.20080624_2129 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080625_0323 and G:\access_log.20080625_1805 overlap: possible
double counting
C:\Program Files\analog 6.0\analog.exe: Warning L: logfiles
A:\access_log.20080626_1646 and G:\access_log.20080626_1033 overlap: possible