http://www.example.com/index.php
http://www.example.com/index.php?Category=Something
http://www.example.com/index.php?Category=SomethingElse

Is there anyway to get URLs in the following format to display in the
same way?

http://www.example.com/index.php/
http://www.example.com/index.php/Something
http://www.example.com/index.php/SomethingElse

Re: How to group related URLs in referrer report [ In reply to ]
Jay <jmox@mail.com> said:

> You know how in the Referrer Report when one has a URL with a ? in it
> the URL's are displayed indented underneath the main one like:
>
> http://www.example.com/index.php
> http://www.example.com/index.php?Category=Something
> http://www.example.com/index.php?Category=SomethingElse
>
> Is there anyway to get URLs in the following format to display in the
> same way?
>
> http://www.example.com/index.php/
> http://www.example.com/index.php/Something
> http://www.example.com/index.php/SomethingElse

I don't have any log files to hand to test this, but you could try

REFSORTBY ALPHABETICAL

http://analog.cx/docs/othreps.html#SORTBY

Aengus

Re: How to group related URLs in referrer report [ In reply to ]
"Aengus" <analog07@eircom.net> wrote in message
> Jay <jmox@mail.com> said:
>
>> You know how in the Referrer Report when one has a URL with a ? in it
>> the URL's are displayed indented underneath the main one like:
>>
>> http://www.example.com/index.php
>> http://www.example.com/index.php?Category=Something
>> http://www.example.com/index.php?Category=SomethingElse
>>
>> Is there anyway to get URLs in the following format to display in the
>> same way?
>>
>> http://www.example.com/index.php/
>> http://www.example.com/index.php/Something
>> http://www.example.com/index.php/SomethingElse
>
> I don't have any log files to hand to test this, but you could try
>
> REFSORTBY ALPHABETICAL
>
> http://analog.cx/docs/othreps.html#SORTBY
>
> Aengus

Thanks, well that kind of worked but I failed to mention I want to maintain
the primary sort by order to be by number of requests. In other words, sort
by requests but for URL's similar in format as described above, indent them
under the main one and sort them by requests as well.

Re: How to group related URLs in referrer report [ In reply to ]
Aengus <analog07@eircom.net> wrote:
> Jay <jmox@mail.com> said:
>
>> I don't have any log files to hand to test this, but you could try
>>
>> REFSORTBY ALPHABETICAL
>>
>> http://analog.cx/docs/othreps.html#SORTBY
>
> Thanks, well that kind of worked but I failed to mention I want to
> maintain the primary sort by order to be by number of requests. In
> other words, sort by requests but for URL's similar in format as
> described above, indent them under the main one and sort them by
> requests as well.

I don't think so - http://www.example.com/index.php/Something is not considered as subsidiary to http://www.example.com/index.php/, so hierarchical sorting rules don't apply. You might be able to do something with ALIASes, but sorting and ALIAS commands don't mix well.

Aengus

Re: How to group related URLs in referrer report [ In reply to ]
> I don't think so - http://www.example.com/index.php/Something is not
> considered as subsidiary to http://www.example.com/index.php/, so
> hierarchical sorting rules don't apply. You might be able to do something
> with ALIASes, but sorting and ALIAS commands don't mix well.
>
> Aengus

Thanks for the tip about the ALIAS option. I tried:

REFALIAS */index.php/* $1/index.php?category=$2

which converted

http://www.example.com/index.php/
http://www.example.com/index.php/Something
http://www.example.com/index.php/SomethingElse

into

http://www.example.com/index.php
http://www.example.com/index.php?category=Something
http://www.example.com/index.php?category=SomethingElse

which organizes them how I wanted and the main and indented URL's continue
to be sorted by requests in the referrer report. It does change the URL's to
something that does not exist but since these are internal referring URL's I
know what URL they are aliasing and rarely have a need to click on them so
this should work. Thanks again.

Re: Re: How to group related URLs in referrer report [ In reply to ]
You could also look into the Referring Site Report. I haven't tested
it, but I think something like
REFSITE ON
REFDIR http://www.example.com/index.php/*
(without the REFALIAS) will do what you want.

--
Stephen Turner
Re: Re: How to group related URLs in referrer report [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the suggestion Stephen, I tried

REFDIR http://www.example.com/index.php/*

but it only worked for referring URL's that have a forward slash after the
category name like:

http://www.example.com/index.php/CategoryName/

Re: Re: Re: How to group related URLs in referrer report [ In reply to ]
2008/4/26 Jay <jmox@mail.com>:
> Thanks for the suggestion Stephen, I tried
>

> REFDIR http://www.example.com/index.php/*
>
> but it only worked for referring URL's that have a forward slash after the
> category name like:
>
> http://www.example.com/index.php/CategoryName/

Ah yes, you may be right about that. That's probably not the right
solution then. Sorry for the confusion.

--
Stephen Turner