Mailing List Archive

Availability of Windows 64 bit binary
I've reviewed the archives (and found plenty of "64 bit" discussion), but
have not been able to find a binary compiled for 64 bit Windows.

Has anyone made a "analog_60w64.zip" available for download?

Compiling from source (on Windows) is currently outside my skill set, but
the 2GB memory limit of 32 bit is becoming increasingly bothersome.
Re: Availability of Windows 64 bit binary [ In reply to ]
Nick Altmann <nick@wiseup.org> wrote:
>> I've reviewed the archives (and found plenty of "64 bit"
>> discussion), but have not been able to find a binary compiled for 64
>> bit Windows.
>>
>> Has anyone made a "analog_60w64.zip" available for download?
>>
>> Compiling from source (on Windows) is currently outside my skill
>> set, but the 2GB memory limit of 32 bit is becoming increasingly
>> bothersome.

The Windows binary is compiled using MinGW
(http://lists.meer.net/pipermail/analog-help/2007-January/020117.html) and at the moment, MinGW is only available for Win32. There is a WinGW-64 project underway, but as far as I can tell, it's not simply a matter of recompiling existing applications under MinGW-64:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/

At this point, it looks like the only tools avilable for compiling Win64 binaries are the Microsoft tools. If there are any full-time students reading this list, you may be able to get free access to Microsoft Visual Studio Pro (https://downloads.channel8.msdn.com/) which can compile 64 bit apps - the Express version that's free for the rest of us (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/default.aspx) won't do 64-bit, as far as I know.

(And I don't know whether there are any issues compiling Analog in Visual Studio - I haven't tried it).

Aengus

Re: Availability of Windows 64 bit binary [ In reply to ]
Nick Altmann <nick@...> writes:

> I've reviewed the archives (and found plenty of "64 bit" discussion), but
have not been able to find a binary compiled for 64 bit Windows.Has anyone
made a "analog_60w64.zip" available for download?Compiling from source (on
Windows) is currently outside my skill set, but the 2GB memory limit of 32 bit
is becoming increasingly bothersome.

Nick,

Just use the Win32 version of Analog, like I do. With the amount of RAM Analog
uses any memory limits are not an issue, while most apps are still 32-bit and
run happily under Windows x64.

Paul

Re: Availability of Windows 64 bit binary [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the quick reply.

FWIW Wikipedia indicates there might be a chance of compiling a 64-bit
binary with the free version:

"The Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition ... However, natively compiling
64-bit<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit>applications through the
IDE is not supported. If the freely available Windows
SDK <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_SDK> is installed, 64-bit
applications can be built on the command line using the x64 cross-compiler (
Cl.exe) supplied with the SDK."

Re: Re: Availability of Windows 64 bit binary [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the suggestion Paul. Unfortunately, I'm hitting the 2GB
per-process limit with some of my analog reports. I think that limit would
still be present when running the 32-bit version on a 64-bit Windows.

Re: Re: Availability of Windows 64 bit binary [ In reply to ]
Ýòî ìíå ïðèñëàë îäèí ÷åëîâåê è ÿ ïåðåñûëàþ òåáå! Äåéñòâèòåëüíî ñáûëîñü. Êèòàéñêîå íàñòàâëåíèå. Ìîæíî êóïèòü äîì,íî íå î÷àã; ìîæíî êóïèòü êðîâàòü, íî íå ñîí; ìîæíî êóïèòü ÷àñû, íî íå âðåìÿ; ìîæíî êóïèòü êíèãó, íî íå çíàíèÿ;ìîæíî êóïèòü ïîëîæåíèå, íî íå óâàæåíèå;ìîæíî çàïëàòèòü çà äîêòîðà,íî íå çà çäîðîâüå;ìîæíî êóïèòü äóøó, íî íå æèçíü; ìîæíî êóïèòü ñåêñ, íî íå ëþáîâü.Êèòàéñêîå íàñòàâëåíèå ïðèíîñèò óäà÷ó. Îðèãèíàë õðàíèòñÿ â Íèäåðëàíäàõ.Ïîñëå ïîëó÷åíèÿ ýòîãî ïèñüìà, òû ñòàíåøü ñ÷àñòëèâûì. Ýòî íå øóòêà!Ê òåáå ïðèä¸ò óäà÷à. Ïåðåøëè ïî ïî÷òå èëè èíòåðíåòó ýòî ïèñüìî òåì ëþäÿì,êîòîðûå íóæäàþòñÿ â ñ÷àñòüå.Íå õðàíè ýòî ïèñüìî áîëåå 96÷àñîâ,â òå÷åíèè ýòîãî âðåìåíè åãî íóæíî ïåðåñëàòü 20 ëþäÿì. Åñëè Âû ïðîèãíîðèðóåòå ýòî ïèñüìî,Âàñ ïîêèíåò óäà÷à â îòíîøåíèÿõ (Âñïîìíè äåòñòâî, ìíå òîæå ïðèñëàëè ) Ñåãîäíÿ 09

Nick Altmann <nick@wiseup.org> wrote: Thanks for the suggestion Paul. Unfortunately, I'm hitting the 2GB per-process limit with some of my analog reports. I think that limit would still be present when running the 32-bit version on a 64-bit Windows.