Mailing List Archive

specifying what configuration file to use
I assume this is in the documentation somewhere, but I can not find it.

When I had the SysAdm install analog on my Linux workstation a configuration file was created in /etc. I do not have root access on this system, so I can not change that one.

How do I specify what configuration file to use. It seems to always use the /etc/analog.cfg.

Thanks,
Rich White
University of Illinois
Re: specifying what configuration file to use [ In reply to ]
rlwhite@uiuc.edu wrote:
> I assume this is in the documentation somewhere, but I can not find
> it.
>
> When I had the SysAdm install analog on my Linux workstation a
> configuration file was created in /etc. I do not have root access on
> this system, so I can not change that one.
>
> How do I specify what configuration file to use. It seems to always
> use the /etc/analog.cfg.

You can specify an additional .cfg file with the +g command line switch. You can tell Analog to ignore the default .cfg file by specifying -G

analog +gmyconfig.cfg logfile.log
analog -G +gother.cfg access.log

http://analog.cx/docs/syntax.html

Aengus

Re: specifying what configuration file to use [ In reply to ]
I had tried each of these separately, but not together.

Thanks,
Rich