Office: 213-241-1691
Cell: 213-215-8195
steve.hildreth@lausd.net <blocked::mailto:steve.hildreth@lausd.net>
Re: click pattern [ In reply to ]
You could probably do this with

FILEEXCLUDE *
FILEINCLUDE <error page>

and just set the Referrer report to ON (and the others off).

Personally I would recomend you install XENU (http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html) or the W3C linkchecker (http://validator.w3.org/checklink)

I use both with XENU on my desktop and the linkchecker installed on one of my unix boxes.

Rgds

Alan Wright
FEHS Technician

>>> "Hildreth, Steve" <steve.hildreth@lausd.net> 20/12/2007 23:31 >>>
I am using analog 5.32 and trying to find a way to display the user
click patterns. The result that I am truly looking for is to find the
dead links on our website. One method is to find the link the user
click just prior to reaching our "error" page. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
-----------------------------------
Steve Hildreth
Information Solutions Group

Re: click pattern [ In reply to ]
Hildreth, Steve <steve.hildreth@lausd.net> wrote:
> I am using analog 5.32 and trying to find a way to display the user
> click patterns. The result that I am truly looking for is to find the
> dead links on our website. One method is to find the link the user
> click just prior to reaching our "error" page. Any help is greatly
> appreciated.

Analog has a "Failed Referrer" report that is turned off by default. You can turn it on with FAILREF ON. This will list the referrers for all the failed requests. If you restrict this to just your own website (FAILREFINCLUDE *yoursite.com/*) then you get a list of any links on your site that generated errors when they were clicked on.

Aengus

RE: click pattern [ In reply to ]
Thanks you everyone for the help. With your guidance I was able to
complete the task.

Steve