Mailing List Archive

Reporting lines with Status code 302
I'm wondering if there is any way to get Analog to report lines with
status code 302 in the Request Report. I'm trying to track the number of
requests for certain offsite links for a client. I have set up a page on
the site which redirects the request to the offsite link, so that we get
a line in the log file for each request. Lines appear like this:

2007-11-14 14:08:06 xxx.xxx.x.xx GET /refer.asp
a=http://www.anotherdomain.com 80 - xx.xxx.xx.xxx Pete-Spider+Light/1.46
- 302 0 0 436 232

I was hoping I could get Analog to report these as:

15835: 20.06%: Nov/15/07 10:50 AM: /refer.asp
370: 0.49%: Nov/13/07 12:51 AM:
/refer.asp?a=http://www.anotherdomain.com

Unfortunately, lines with the status code 302 are ignored in the Request
Report.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. The client wants to be able to
report how many times visitors to his site followed links to his
sponsors' sites.
Re: Reporting lines with Status code 302 [ In reply to ]
At Wednesday, November 14, 2007 8:29 PM, Darren Munt
<darrenm@ardex.com.au> wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is any way to get Analog to report lines with
> status code 302 in the Request Report.

http://analog.cx/docs/faq.html#faq181

Turn on the Redirection report - REDIR ON

Aengus

RE: Reporting lines with Status code 302 [ In reply to ]
> Turn on the Redirection report - REDIR ON

OK, that's great thanks. However, it doesn't seem to have a FLOOR
command and it's only reporting lines that have 10 or more occurrences
in the breakdown.

Eg.

239: /refer.asp
26: /refer.asp?a=http://www.otherdomain1.com
13: /refer.asp?a=http://www.otherdomain2.com.au
10: /refer.asp?a=http://www.otherdomain3.com
10: /refer.asp?a=http://www.otherdomain4.org.au

Is there a way around that?

BTW, regarding the FAQ, I have been through my logs and the only
instances of 302 I can find relate to the refer.asp file I'm using to
redirect. There are no 301 status codes at all. Could be the way I have
my site set up or an IIS-related phenomenon, not sure.

Re: Reporting lines with Status code 302 [ In reply to ]
At Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:47 PM, Darren Munt
<darrenm@ardex.com.au> wrote:

>> Turn on the Redirection report - REDIR ON
>
> OK, that's great thanks. However, it doesn't seem to have a FLOOR
> command and it's only reporting lines that have 10 or more occurrences
> in the breakdown.
>
> Eg.
>
> 239: /refer.asp
> 26: /refer.asp?a=http://www.otherdomain1.com
> 13: /refer.asp?a=http://www.otherdomain2.com.au
> 10: /refer.asp?a=http://www.otherdomain3.com
> 10: /refer.asp?a=http://www.otherdomain4.org.au
>
> Is there a way around that?

REDIRARGSFLOOR 1R should work

> BTW, regarding the FAQ, I have been through my logs and the only
> instances of 302 I can find relate to the refer.asp file I'm using to
> redirect. There are no 301 status codes at all. Could be the way I
> have my site set up or an IIS-related phenomenon, not sure.

A 301 is a "permanent redirect". It is used to tell the web browser to
update the bookmark, if the user follwed a bookmark to get to the site.
It's not something you'll usually see, unless you explicitly set it up.

Aengus