Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: The next 'best' analyzer...? [ In reply to ]
On Aug 31, 2007, at 10:20 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
> Per Jessen wrote:
>> User-modifications are the first signs of a beginning fork. Why not a
>> 6.01 release instead?
>> Has anyone collected these user-mods into a combined patch?
> Found one:
> http://iddl.vt.edu/~jackie/analog/analog-6.01beta1.patch

I actually have a more complete collection that just that patch that
includes the windows changes by Chris and my changes as a tarball.

Links from http://iddl.vt.edu/~jackie/analog/

Putting this together, I was wondering if there should be some kind
of slightly more organized system for collecting these, or if we even
need one, as the changes are minor tweaks at this point mostly. A
simple patch could do the trick. Mostly the code has been in windows
by Chris, and myself for the unix based stuff, so it may be overkill
at this point. There is a sourceforge page, and I'm guessing Stephen
has that, but no code in CVS or any releases on the page either. As I
said, I'm not sure if that not necessary, as this is less of a fork
and more of maintenance at this point.

j.
----
Jackie Meese, Systems Administrator & eLSDI Team Leader
Institute for Distance and Distributed Learning, Va Tech
Phone: 231-3682 http://www.iddl.vt.edu/
3026 Torgersen Hall Mail Code: 0445
I am, and always will be, an idiot.
Re: The next 'best' analyzer...? [ In reply to ]
On Aug 31, 2007, at 10:20 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
> Per Jessen wrote:
>> User-modifications are the first signs of a beginning fork. Why not a
>> 6.01 release instead?
>> Has anyone collected these user-mods into a combined patch?
> Found one:
> http://iddl.vt.edu/~jackie/analog/analog-6.01beta1.patch

I actually have a more complete collection of the windows changes and
my changes as well as a tarball.