Mailing List Archive

ANNOUNCE: new analog mailing lists
mail.

There are three lists: analog-announce for announcements like this one;
analog-help for getting help with analog; and analog-author which just
goes to me.

The idea of analog-help is that it will be the main avenue of user support
for analog. If people have trouble using the program, they will write to the
list instead of to me. Hopefully other people than me will subscribe to the
list and answer some of the questions. This way (1) my load will be reduced
(2) people will still get answers if I'm away on holiday (3) people may get
quicker answers at some times of day (4) people's experience about different
ways of using the program or different platforms can be shared.

If you want to subscribe to analog-help, send a message to
analog-help-request@lists.isite.net
with the word
subscribe
in the main body of the message (not in the subject). You can then send
messages to analog-help@lists.isite.net. (Don't try and use this address
for subscribing though: it won't work!)

You can also send private mail to me at analog-author@lists.isite.net. This
is now my preferred address for analog mail.

At the moment, these lists are only experimental. Please do try them out,
and let me know if there are any problems.

Finally, I want to express my gratitude to ISite for providing these mailing
lists.

--
Stephen Turner sret1@cam.ac.uk http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
Normally: Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England