On my LINUX Red Hat machine, I had installed postgresql, zope, psycopg,
egenix many times & then uninstalled it & that too at different locations.
Due to multiple installations & uninstallations, the complete setup of the
LINUX box has changed. Many things that were working earlier are not working
now. What do you suggest? Should I format the LINUX box & again start afresh
with new installations? Or u suggest something else?

Thanks & Regards,

Smita
Re: [Zope-db]Zope_Database_Issue [ In reply to ]
Am 24.11.2010, 12:27 Uhr, schrieb smita kamdar <smita.kamdar00@gmail.com>:

> On my LINUX Red Hat machine, I had installed postgresql, zope, psycopg,
> egenix many times & then uninstalled it & that too at different
> locations.
> Due to multiple installations & uninstallations, the complete setup of
> the
> LINUX box has changed. Many things that were working earlier are not
> working
> now. What do you suggest? Should I format the LINUX box & again start
> afresh
> with new installations? Or u suggest something else?

Dear Smita,

if you have complete control of the box then it probably makes sense to
reinstall completely. If so, then you should be able to use more recent
packages of Postgres and psycopg2. I don't know much about RHEL, I think
Debian and SuSE are more common in Europe, but Michele pointed out which
packages you might use and you should have someone at Mahindra Tech who
can help you as this mailing list isn't the right place for further
discussion of such basics.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark