From: Andreas Jung <lists@zopyx.com>

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:46:59 +0100

Subject: Re: [Zope-DB] Zope_Database_issue

To: smita kamdar <smita.kamdar00@gmail.com>

Cc: zope-db@zope.org

Try using Products.SQLAlchemyDA instead.

-aj

2010/11/16 smita kamdar <smita.kamdar00@gmail.com>

> Hi,

> I am a beginner in zope with no prior experience. I am supposed to setup a

> development environment with zope, postgres, python, openflow, egenix &

> psycopg.

> I have installed all of them on Red Hat Linux. All of them are installed

> successfully.

> I have properly installed Psycopg in the zope path i.e.

> (lib/python/Products) & that too with proper permissions.

> Now after installing psycopg, when I restart zope, I am not able to see
the

Re: Fwd: Zope_Database_issue [ In reply to ]
Am 17.11.10 12:07, schrieb smita kamdar:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for your suggestion!!
>
> But I am specifically told to use ZPsycopgDA to connect zope & postgres. I
> am trying a lot to add a new ZPsycopg database connection from Zope
> Management Interface screen, But that option does not exist in Add drop -box
> of Zope Management Interface screen. Should Zope software home & zope
> Instance home be same?? If no then where should I install ZPsycopgDA??
>
> Also do I need to install anything else other than ZPsycopgDA to connect
> zope & postgres?
>
> I am using Zope 2.11.4, python 2.4.4, Postgres 7.4.13, egenix 2.0.6 &
> Psycopg 1.1.6
>
> I am really in a mess! Really need your help!

Hi Smita,

if you can start Zope from the shell:

bin/zopetcl fg

You should get a Python traceback that says what is stopping the ZPsycopgDA
starting.

Charlie Clark
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com

Fwd: Zope_Database_issue [ In reply to ]
HI,

I uninstalled Psycopg from my LINUX m/c & now zope is working fine.

Again I started installing psycopg-1.1.6 & in the first step itsef it gives
the following error:

[test@test psycopg-1.1.6]$. /configure

--prefix=/opt/zope/psycopg-1.1.6

--with-mxdatetime-includes=/home/test/egenix/2.0.6/mx/DateTime/mxDateTime

--with-postgres-includes=/home/postgres/7.4.13/src/include

--with-postgres-libraries=/home/postgres/7.4.13/lib

--with-zope=/opt/zope

checking for python... /usr/bin/python

checking python version... 2.4

checking python installation prefix... /home/test/Python/2.4.4

checking python installation exec_prefix... /home/test/Python/2.4.4

checking definitions in Python library makefile... done

checking location of python library... $(prefix)/lib/python2.4/site-packages

checking location of python shared modules...
$(exec_prefix)/lib/python2.4/site-packages

checking for gcc... gcc -pthread

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -pthread ) works... yes

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -pthread ) is a cross-compiler... no

checking whether gcc -pthread accepts -g... yes

checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -pthread -E

checking for inline... inline

*checking PostgreSQL version... configure: error: missing PostgreSQL headers
*

Is it because of this error that I am not able to solve the issue? Because
last time when I Installed Psycopg I faced the same error.

How shall I progress?

Please Note: Paths of the Directories where my installables are –

Zope --à /opt/zope

Python à /home/test/Python/2.4.4

Egenix -à /home/test/egenix

Postgresqlà /home/postgres/7.4.13

Psycopgà/opt/zope/psycopg-1.1.6
Re: Fwd: Zope_Database_issue [ In reply to ]
Are you sure that the header file are in /home/postgres/7.4.13/src/include? And are readable for the user "test"?

Normally I would expect to find them in something lik this

/home/postgres/7.4.13/include

M.

PS: Why don't you install everything as "root" in /opt/?

On Nov 19, 2010, at 14:40 , smita kamdar wrote:

> HI,
>

> I uninstalled Psycopg from my LINUX m/c & now zope is working fine.
>

> Again I started installing psycopg-1.1.6 & in the first step itsef it gives the following error:
>

> [test@test psycopg-1.1.6]$. /configure
>
> --prefix=/opt/zope/psycopg-1.1.6
>
> --with-mxdatetime-includes=/home/test/egenix/2.0.6/mx/DateTime/mxDateTime
>
> --with-postgres-includes=/home/postgres/7.4.13/src/include
>
> --with-postgres-libraries=/home/postgres/7.4.13/lib
>
> --with-zope=/opt/zope

> checking for python... /usr/bin/python
>
> checking python version... 2.4
>
> checking python installation prefix... /home/test/Python/2.4.4
>
> checking python installation exec_prefix... /home/test/Python/2.4.4
>
> checking definitions in Python library makefile... done
>
> checking location of python library... $(prefix)/lib/python2.4/site-packages
>
> checking location of python shared modules... $(exec_prefix)/lib/python2.4/site-packages
>
> checking for gcc... gcc -pthread
>
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -pthread ) works... yes
>
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -pthread ) is a cross-compiler... no
>
> checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
>
> checking whether gcc -pthread accepts -g... yes
>
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -pthread -E
>
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
>
> checking for inline... inline
>
> checking PostgreSQL version... configure: error: missing PostgreSQL headers
>

> Is it because of this error that I am not able to solve the issue? Because last time when I Installed Psycopg I faced the same error.
>

> How shall I progress?
>

> Please Note: Paths of the Directories where my installables are –
>

> Zope --à /opt/zope
>
> Python à /home/test/Python/2.4.4
>
> Egenix -à /home/test/egenix
>
> Postgresqlà /home/postgres/7.4.13
>
> Psycopgà/opt/zope/psycopg-1.1.6

ETH Zürich
Michele Marcionelli
IT Support Gruppe D-MATH
HG G 32.1
Rämistrasse 101
CH–8092 Zürich

michele.marcionelli@math.ethz.ch
http://www.math.ethz.ch/~michele

+41 44 632 6193 Telefon
+41 44 632 1354 Fax
Re: Fwd: Zope_Database_issue [ In reply to ]

Hi,

you are resistent reading advices.

We adviced you to use psycopg2 instead of psycopg1

psycopg2 is a *mandatory* requirements for using ZPsycopgDA.

So please follow our recommendations instead of trying
the wrong things.

- From my experience: psycopg2 usually installs without major issues.

So use pyscopg2 *and* SQLAlchemyDA (as adviced already several times).

- -aj

smita kamdar wrote:

> HI,
>

> I uninstalled Psycopg from my LINUX m/c & now zope is working fine.
>

> Again I started installing psycopg-1.1.6 & in the first step itsef it
> gives the following error:
>

> [test@test psycopg-1.1.6]$. /configure
>
> --prefix=/opt/zope/psycopg-1.1.6
>

> --with-mxdatetime-includes=/home/test/egenix/2.0.6/mx/DateTime/mxDateTime
>

> --with-postgres-includes=/home/postgres/7.4.13/src/include
>

> --with-postgres-libraries=/home/postgres/7.4.13/lib
>
> --with-zope=/opt/zope

> checking for python... /usr/bin/python
>
> checking python version... 2.4
>
> checking python installation prefix... /home/test/Python/2.4.4
>
> checking python installation exec_prefix... /home/test/Python/2.4.4
>
> checking definitions in Python library makefile... done
>
> checking location of python library... $(prefix)/lib/python2.4/site-packages
>
> checking location of python shared modules...
> $(exec_prefix)/lib/python2.4/site-packages
>
> checking for gcc... gcc -pthread
>
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -pthread ) works... yes
>
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -pthread ) is a cross-compiler... no
>
> checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
>
> checking whether gcc -pthread accepts -g... yes
>
> checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -pthread -E
>
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
>
> checking for inline... inline
>
> *checking PostgreSQL version... configure: error: missing PostgreSQL
> headers*
>

> Is it because of this error that I am not able to solve the issue?
> Because last time when I Installed Psycopg I faced the same error.
>

> How shall I progress?
>

> Please Note: Paths of the Directories where my installables are –
>

> Zope --à /opt/zope
>
> Python à/home/test/Python/2.4.4
>
> Egenix -à/home/test/egenix
>
> Postgresqlà/home/postgres/7.4.13
>
> Psycopgà/opt/zope/psycopg-1.1.6

- --
ZOPYX Limited | zopyx group
Charlottenstr. 37/1 | The full-service network for Zope & Plone
D-72070 Tübingen | Produce & Publish
www.zopyx.com | www.produce-and-publish.com

Re: Fwd: Zope_Database_issue [ In reply to ]
Am 19.11.10 14:47, schrieb Andreas Jung:
> From my experience: psycopg2 usually installs without major issues.

Indeed

> So use pyscopg2 *and* SQLAlchemyDA (as adviced already several times).

As the ZPsycopgDA generally works without problems and assuming Smita needs
mxDateTime compatability it's probably best to pursue with that. I'm also
slightly worried about Postgres 7.4 being in there as it's been deprecated for
a while. However, I agree with you that so far Smita has demonstrated an
inability to take simple advice.

Smita, you need to find someone in your company with more experience in unix
to help you. I'm no unix whizz myself but installing Zope 2, psycopg2 and
ZPsycopgDA is pretty straightforward if you follow the instructions.

Charlie