Mailing List Archive

svn.zope.org in an odd state

Re: svn.zope.org in an odd state [ In reply to ]
On 11/7/05, Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com> wrote:
> svn: Berkeley DB error while opening 'strings' table for filesystem
> /svn/repos/main/db:
> Cannot allocate memory

Yeah, this has been hosed for at least a good part of the day. The
load on the machine is really low, and there's plenty of swap
available.

Another generous gift of Berkeley DB. :-(

-Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>
"Society attacks early, when the individual is helpless." --B.F. Skinner
Re: svn.zope.org in an odd state [ In reply to ]

Re: Re: svn.zope.org in an odd state [ In reply to ]
On 8 Nov 2005, at 03:36, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Fred Drake wrote:
>> On 11/7/05, Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com> wrote:
>>
>>> svn: Berkeley DB error while opening 'strings' table for filesystem
>>> /svn/repos/main/db:
>>> Cannot allocate memory
>>

>> Yeah, this has been hosed for at least a good part of the day. The
>> load on the machine is really low, and there's plenty of swap
>> available.
>>
>> Another generous gift of Berkeley DB. :-(
>
> Does the machine need to be tweaked somehow? I can't make even the
> smallest checkin at this point.

I just repaired it by killing all svnserve processes and then running
"svnadmin recover" against the /svn/repos/main folder.

It's high time to move away from that garbage BDB backend.

jens

Re: Re: svn.zope.org in an odd state [ In reply to ]
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I just repaired it by killing all svnserve processes and then running
> "svnadmin recover" against the /svn/repos/main folder.
>
> It's high time to move away from that garbage BDB backend.

Yay! We have a volunteer! ;-)

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk