Mailing List Archive

Attempting PCI Passthrough, OVMF hang for guest
Greetings,

I've been wrestling with a Xen 4.15.3 install for a few weeks now, and have resolved a number of issues to get to where I am at, but it seems I've hit a brick wall.

I'm trying to do VGA passthrough to a Windows 10 guest (domO is on CentOS 7), and no matter what device I attempt to pass through (and I have put it on the linux startup line in xen-pciback.hide, or added it via xl pci-assignable-add, and confirmed it is added to the pciback driver), when I launch the guest, it hangs during OVMF startup. I have managed to build a debug-enable version of OVMF for the version included in the Xen4CentOS repo for 4.15, and have obtained OVMF logs. The final lines of the log where the firmware hangs are:

ProtectUefiImageCommon - 0xEF013040
- 0x00000000EF8FA000 - 0x000000000000CC60
Select Item: 0x0
FW CFG Signature: 0xFFFFFFFF
Select Item: 0x1
FW CFG Revision: 0xFFFFFFFF
QemuFwCfg interface not supported.
InitRootBridge: populated root bus 0, with room for 0 subordinate bus(es)
RootBridge: PciRoot(0x0)
Support/Attr: 7007F / 7007F
DmaAbove4G: No
NoExtConfSpace: Yes
AllocAttr: 0 ()
Bus: 0 - 0 Translation=0
Io: C000 - C22F Translation=0
Mem: F0000000 - F30550FF Translation=0
MemAbove4G: 383FF3050000 - 383FF3053FFF Translation=0
PMem: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF - 0 Translation=0
PMemAbove4G: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF - 0 Translation=0
Length(0x3055100) is not aligned!
PciHostBridge driver failed to set EFI_MEMORY_UC to MMIO aperture - Unsupported.

ASSERT_EFI_ERROR (Status = Not Found)
ASSERT /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Bus/Pci/PciHostBridgeDxe/PciHostBridge.c(336): !EFI_ERROR (CheckStatus)

Here's the full OVMF debug log: https://pastebin.com/tudn1qKt and here's the hypervisor log for the session: https://pastebin.com/KjtPJWHH . The last domU run in it is one that generated the OVMF log.

Thank you for any advice on the issue!