the standard and dom0less use-cases. I saw a previous thread (
https://www.mail-archive.com/xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org/msg62708.html),
which seemed to suggest that there was work ongoing in 2019 to handle
direct mapping in lieu of a lack of iommu/smmu on these platforms.

Are these platforms generally well supported now or is there still work to
be done?

Kind regards,

Ben
Re: arm64: imx8: xen status [ In reply to ]
Hi Benjamin,

> On 3 Nov 2022, at 10:29, Benjamin Mordaunt <crawford.benjamin15@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm emailing to enquire about the status of Xen on iMX8 platforms, both for the standard and dom0less use-cases. I saw a previous thread (https://www.mail-archive.com/xen-devel@lists.xenproject.org/msg62708.html), which seemed to suggest that there was work ongoing in 2019 to handle direct mapping in lieu of a lack of iommu/smmu on these platforms.

Direct mapping has been merged and can be used with dom0less now. It is only available in conjunction with static allocation:
https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=blob;f=docs/misc/arm/passthrough-noiommu.txt;h=69b8de1975b32233522c0736b569a9587164ea1e;hb=refs/heads/staging

> Are these platforms generally well supported now or is there still work to be done?

I am not quite sure here as I do not use iMX8 boards, but at least you have a solution to passthrough a device without an IOMMU.

Regards
Bertrand