Mailing List Archive

import xen disk image to ec2 ami
I believe this has probably already been answered but I could not find it.
I would like to import my xen image into aws ec2. It is my understanding that
the import image capability allows for raw images. I have a xen image that I am running
that has a disk configuration of the following:

disk = [ '/home/xenimages/file.img,raw,hda,rw']

Can I stop the domain and copy the .img file to aws s3 and import it as either an
image or an instance? Or is there an intermediate step I have to take?

I am looking at the following document on aws.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/vm-import/latest/userguide/how-vm-import-export-works.html

Thanks for your help
DISCLAIMER: CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, and any documents, files, or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, and/or legally privileged. If the reader of this e-mail message is neither the intended recipient nor an employee or an agent responsible for delivering this e-mail message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of this communication is strictly prohibited. Disclosing this e-mail message, or any document, file or previous e-mail message attached to it to anyone other than the intended recipient may cause the breaching party to be liable to Nectar Services Corp. for damages. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by replying to the e-mail message and delete it from your computer, without saving it in any manner.