Mailing List Archive

Xen an ISCSI devices
I have been using xen for a while now on debian/ubuntu systems using
local disks. I would like to start using iSCSI shared storage, but am
not clear on what will work. I could use some pointers.

My initial configuration has been to use LVM to create a volume group on
the
iscsi lun. That volume group is accessible on multiple xen dom0 systems
and the VM containers are logical volumes in the shared volume group.
My
reading seems to indicate that this initial configuration means that I
have
to shutdown LVM on all nodes except one to perform volume group
operations.
Is it safe to create logical volumes on any node without shutting down
LVM?

It seems I should have configured lvmlockd to coordinate LVM operations
across the dom0 nodes. If I do this is it possible to perform all LVM
operations, including volume group changes, on any dom0 node?

Once I have the LVM issues resolved is it possible to just stop a domu
on
one dom0 server and start it up on another dom0 server?

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bill

--
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without
evidence."
Re: Xen an ISCSI devices [ In reply to ]
I use a somewhat similar configuration, except I have one lun per lvm
volume. That way, I can do stuff without impacting other running vms.