Mailing List Archive

Hang on boot
Hi everyone;

i'm a newbie for xen. I've just installed the package xen-system-amd64
and xen-tools and tried to boot the xen kernel with a 5.4 dom0 kernel.
It hangs on boot, think before booting dom0.

(XEN) ACPI: 32/64X FACS address mismatch in FADT
c2e93080/0000000000000000, using 32
(XEN) Found and enabled local APIC!
(XEN) mapped APIC to ffff82cfffffb000 (fee00000)
(XEN) Not enabling x2APIC: depends on iommu_supports_eim.
(XEN) xstate: size: 0x340 and states: 0x7
(XEN) Speculative mitigation facilities:
(XEN) Hardware features:
(XEN) Compiled-in support: INDIRECT_THUNK SHADOW PAGING
(XIN) Xen settings: BTI-Thunk RETPOLINE, SPEC_CTRL: No, Other:
(XEN) L1TF: believed vulnerable, maxphysaddr L1D 46, CPUID 39, Safe
address 8000000000
(XEN) Support for UMS: PU: RSB EAGER FPU, HUM: RSB EAGER_FPU
(XEN) XPTI (64-bit PU only): Domo enabled, DomU enabled
(XEN) PU L1TF shadowing: Domo disabled, DomU enabled
(XEN) Using scheduler: SMP Credit Scheduler (credit)
(XEN) Platform timer is 14.318MHz HPET
(XEN) Detected 3591.702 MHz processor.
(XEN) Initing memory sharing.
(XEN) I/O virtualisation disabled
(XEN) Enabled directed EOI with ioapic_ack_old on!
(XEN) Suppress EOI broadcast on CPU#O
(XEN) enabled Ext INT on CPU O
(XEN) Using local APIC timer interrupts.
(XEN) calibrating APIC timer...
(XEN) CPU clock speed is 3591.7286 MHz.
(XEN) host bus clock speed is 99.7702 MHz.
(XEN) bus_scale = 0x662a

This is the log of the booting kernel with all flags for debugging
enabled, then it hangs. I know a lot of people had hanging problem at
boot, but I found no-one with similar situation.
I am not able to distinguish any fatal error. Any advice?

Best regards;

Marco