am not able to select any other OS other than Debian/Ubuntu. In the .cfg
file, I tried to give path to the ISO file. I get the following error:
"Unable to find partition containing kernel", in
/var/log/xen/bootloader.log.

I want to create a VM using the ISO file. Could someone tell me if I have
to edit any config. files to be able to install from ISO.

Thanks in advance.

Sai Kiran.
Re: Install FreebSD as DomU on Xen [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 12:24:04 +0530
Sai Kiran Kumar Reddy <skiran@cimware.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed Xen on Debian-11. So, right now, dom0 is Debian11. I want
> to create a FreeBSD VM as domU, using xen. When I use xen-create-command, I
> am not able to select any other OS other than Debian/Ubuntu. In the .cfg
> file, I tried to give path to the ISO file. I get the following error:
> "Unable to find partition containing kernel", in
> /var/log/xen/bootloader.log.
>
> I want to create a VM using the ISO file. Could someone tell me if I have
> to edit any config. files to be able to install from ISO.

FWIW, *.raw images worked for me in Ubuntu 18.04
https://download.freebsd.org/ftp/releases/VM-IMAGES/

For example

shell> cat vm3_example_com-FreeBSD-11-2.cfg
builder = "hvm"
name = "vm3-freebsd-11-2.hvm"
#uuid = "XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX"
#viridian = 1
memory = 512
maxmem = 1024
vcpus = 2
vif = ['bridge=br0']
disk =
['file:/export/xen/vm3_example_com-xen-FreeBSD-11-2.raw,hda,rw']
sdl = 1
#vnc = 1
#vnclisten = "0.0.0.0"
boot = "c"

You should be able to boot also ISO if you want to. See
"Unprivileged Domain Configuration"
https://wiki.freebsd.org/Xen

--
Vladimir Botka