Kindly help me out here. Thanks in advance, for the support.

Regards,
Sai Kiran
Re: Xen on LFS [ In reply to ]
Am Dienstag, 30. November 2021, 08:30:38 CET schrieb Sai Kiran Kumar Reddy:
> I am Sai Kiran. I am currently working on installing xen on Linux From
> Scratch(LFS) system. One of the dependencies of xen is "xorg" package.
> This package is present in Beyond Linux From Scratch(BLFS) manual. But,
> there are a lot of packages to be installed. I am not sure if all these
> packages are required for Xen. Also, is xorg a must, to build and install
> xen?
hmm,
from what i see / know, on my (self compiled / built) xen platforms with xen-
tools, no Xorg / X is available / installed. But possible that any "third
party" dependencies want to have xorg (i.e. qemu?) - but probably could be
built without X support too.

Do you have more detailed info / output?

cheers,

niels.

--
---
Niels Dettenbach
Re: Xen on LFS [ In reply to ]
> I am Sai Kiran. I am currently working on installing xen on Linux From
> Scratch(LFS) system. One of the dependencies of xen is "xorg" package.

Hello Sai, it's because of QEMU indeed, but you can pass extra arguments
to also avoid it there

--with-extra-qemuu-configure-args="..."

most notably

--disable-gtk \
--disable-sdl \
--disable-sdl-image \
--disable-opengl \

The script I use to build XEN on Slackware
https://github.com/pbraun9/slackbuilds/blob/master/xen-nox/xen-nox.SlackBuild

Beware the configure options change depending on what branch or version
you're using.
https://pub.nethence.com/xen/slackware-current

HTH
--
Pierre-Philipp Braun
SMTP Health Campaign: enforce STARTTLS and verify MX certificates
Re: Xen on LFS [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Thanks for your email. I was able to install required xorg packages. I was
able to successfully build xen from source. I did not see any errors after
installing i.e, after make world, make install commands. I want to boot xen
from EFI directly, instead of using GRUB bootloader. For that, I need
xen.efi. I have built xen on a pendrive, with msdos partition. I was not
able to find xen.efi. I am not sure about the issue here. Could it be
because of msdos partition on USB stick? Could you please help me out here.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Sai Kiran.

Re: Xen on LFS [ In reply to ]
On 12/13/21 11:28, Sai Kiran Kumar Reddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your email. I was able to install required xorg packages. I
> was able to successfully build xen from source. I did not see any
> errors after installing i.e, after make world, make install commands.
> I want to boot xen from EFI directly, instead of using GRUB
> bootloader. For that, I need xen.efi. I have built xen on a pendrive,
> with msdos partition. I was not able to find xen.efi. I am not sure
> about the issue here. Could it be because of msdos partition on USB
> stick? Could you please help me out here.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
> Sai Kiran.

Hi,

Interestingly, I also build Xen from source on Slackware, but with said
X libs.
To generate xen.efi binary, you will need to have binutils which was
compiled with --enable-targets=x86_64-pep

Mario
Re: Xen on LFS [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I am not able to create xen.efi, following the instructions in this link
<https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/efi.html>. However, after
adding all the kernel modules and installing xen, I see that xen is not
loaded. CONFIG_EFI_STUB is set to y. Virtualisation support is enabled in
BIOS menu. I was not able to find any error while installing xen. I am not
sure what the issue could be. How do I find out what could be the issue?
Could you please help me out here.

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

Regards,
Sai Kiran.