Mailing List Archive

Does memory event support AMD CPUs now?
Hi,

I am running LibVMI 0.15.0 + Xen 4.14.3 on an **AMD CPU**. When I was trying to
register a **memory event** handler, I got the error from LibVMI
"xc_hvm_set_mem_access failed with code: -1". By inspecting the source code of
LibVMI, I find the direct cause is one of the libxc functions,
xc_set_mem_access or xc_altp2m_set_mem_access, returned error code -1.

After some searching, I found someone else having a similar problem [1]. I also
noted LibVMI says:

> Currently only the Xen Hypervisor provides these features,
> and some of these are specifically only available on Intel CPUs

However, I can't find the exact confirmation for the availability of memory
event on AMD CPUs from https://wiki.xenproject.org.

Could someone please confirm this? And if it is not available on AMD CPU, it is
to be implemented in the future?

[1] https://github.com/libvmi/libvmi/pull/709#discussion_r353729777

Untitled YAN