Mailing List Archive

creating CPU Pools at boot time
Hi there

is there a way to create CPU pools at boot time so that the hosts devined
in /etx/xen/auto* will be lauched within right CPU Pool ?

Tomasz

GPG key fingerprint: 07DF B95B DB58 57B6 9656 682E 830A D092 288E F017
GPG public key available on pgp(dot)net key server
Re: creating CPU Pools at boot time [ In reply to ]
Hi All

Brian Blood replied to this in another thread. - see here:
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2021-04/msg00001.html

My questions are:

1. is there a way to do it such that xen/xl does all of this at dom0
startup, via say a config file that would let us define the initial pools
we want?
2. an RC script is all well and good but how do you manage startup
sequence such that the xen domU are not being created before the pools are
created and CPU's assigned? I suppose I could create a systemd .service
file that is a dependancy for xend domains being launched, but that feels
like far more work than is should be and feeld fragile in comparion to dom0
and domU config files

Tomasz