Mailing List Archive

Re: HOWTO enable Xen on my board based on STM32MP1
Hi Stefano,

I think this is more a discussion for xen-user mailing list.

> On 10 Mar 2021, at 10:29, Gurrieri Stefano <Stefano.Gurrieri@roj.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I’m working on the platform STM32MP1 based on cortex-A7 dual core. This is an armv7-A that has the “Hardware virtualization support”.
> My current Linux BSP is built using Yocto Project… but now, I’m asking how to enable XEN on my platform? Is there a procedure to follow to try to experiment?

You should give a look at meta-virtualization layer and enable 2 DISTRO_FEATURES:
- virtualization
- xen

Then you can build the xen-image-minimal and try to boot the generated system.

The following page will give you some insights on what you have to configure:
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions

Cheers
Bertrand