Mailing List Archive

Intel CPU Throttling and/or Undervolting
Hi,

I'm running Qubes OS on a Lenovo E490 and having this messages on 'xl
dmesg':

CPUX: Package temperature above threshold, cpu clock throttled
CPUX: Running in modulated clock mode
CPUX: Core temperature/speed normal

I discovered this project for fixing it:
https://github.com/erpalma/throttled

But unfortunately it fails trying to run directly in dom0.

Does anyone know if I can fix this? I get temp threshold messages with
50ÂșC (according to sensors). Can I raise this temp threshold?

The only "solution" that I've currently found is doing 'xenpm
set-scaling-maxfreq 1500000' but I would like to get all the power of my
computer.