Mailing List Archive

Is Core i3 CPU OK for Xen?
Hello,Is a laptop with an Intel Core i3-370M CPU and 4GB RAM OK for Xen?
Thanks.
Re: Is Core i3 CPU OK for Xen? [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Long back I tried the same on my PC core i3, 4gb ram. I was able to
create Dom-0. But, Dom-U gave lot of issues and was not able to create.

But, later due to someother priorities ai just stopped working on that.

Regards,
Siddhartha V

Re: Is Core i3 CPU OK for Xen? [ In reply to ]
To start playing and learning the concepts and tools yes, it suffices.
Using xentools you can create small VMs to play around.

Atenciosamente,
Charles Ferreira Gonçalves

Re: Is Core i3 CPU OK for Xen? [ In reply to ]
Hello,

The ram is a little bit too short, but I think you can test with small VM.

Regards

Re: Is Core i3 CPU OK for Xen? [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 12:48:33PM +0000, Jason Long wrote:
> Is a laptop with an Intel Core i3-370M CPU and 4GB RAM OK for Xen?

The first machine I ever ran Xen on in production was an Intel Xeon
5148 with 16GiB RAM, in 2006. Yours is 4 years newer. Aside from
possible CPU bugs (that I don't know about) I don't see an issue.
Adjust performance expectations accordingly.

Cheers,
Andy