Mailing List Archive

Xen crashes dom0 under heavy swap use
hello,
I'm trying to investigate a bug where heavy swap usage in dom0 crashes
it (hard lockup).

My platform is Intel NUC BOXNUC7PJYH2, latest BIOS. Hardware is tested
and stable.

xen 4.12, 4.13 and 4.14 crashes (hard lockup) dom0 under heavy swap
usage, gentoo-sources-5.4.60 in dom0, steps to reproduce:

- limit dom0 memory with dom0_mem=1024M,max:1024M and run no VMs
OR
- run some VMs, so there is not much memory left in dom0
AND
- turn on swap in dom0 with swapon
- compile gcc in dom0 with 15 threads (MAKEOPTS="-j15")

I have two Intel based machines that I can reproduce with. But it seems
to be this NUC specific.

Can anyone shed some light on this topic?

Regards,
Krzysztof