Mailing List Archive

Projects that Xen made them possible.
Hello,Which projects launched by help of Xen Project?I know Xen made AWS.
Thank you.
Re: Projects that Xen made them possible. [ In reply to ]
On 8/15/20 1:38 PM, Jason Long wrote:
> Hello,
> Which projects launched by help of Xen Project?
> I know Xen made AWS.
>
> Thank you.

I think you would have to count Qubes OS as such a project, as other
hypervisors did not have the needed features back in 2010.

--
Chris Laprise, tasket@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket
Re: Projects that Xen made them possible. [ In reply to ]
Jason Long <hack3rcon@yahoo.com> schrieb am Sa., 15. Aug. 2020, 19:41:

> Hello,
> Which projects launched by help of Xen Project?
> I know Xen made AWS

(...made AWS practical? Would definitely be true, at that time the
more/less open alternatives didn't really care about serious use cases
beyond the desktop, especially not at bigger-than-VMware scales, while Xen
rooted from Grid stuff...)

What I can throw in, and is still alive in some form:
Obviously there's Hypervisors that are rooted in Xen.
There's the ones that were always close, Citrix XenServer and XCP.
IIRC MS Hyper-V started off from a XenServer source code license.
(But with more rigid engineering).
But also Oracle VM and Huawei Fusionsphere.
There's some been some modernization of Fujitsu mainframe models on Intel
that was enabled by Xen.