I can see Xen boot up, however when dom0 boots, I don't see any output. I
speculate this is because dom0 can't write/map into the UMA Framebuffer.

This seems to be related to UMA / iGPU Memory Management.

efifb: cannot reserve video memory at 0x60000000
efi: EFI_MEMMAP is not enabled

I can't seem to see any AMD/Ryzen specific commits that are newer than
4.13.1, I was looking at cherry picking Xen commits related to AMD/Ryzen
however I can't find any.
Re: AMD Ryzen 4750U Laptop Screen Black (Xen 4.13.1) [ In reply to ]
On 8/12/20 8:19 PM, Dylanger Daly wrote:
> Hi Xen Users!
>
> I'm currently running Qubes 4.1 (Xen 4.13.1
> <https://github.com/xen-project/xen/commits/RELEASE-4.13.1>) on an AMD
> Ryzen 4750U APU, the specific laptop is a Lenovo X13 (AMD).
>
> I can see Xen boot up, however when dom0 boots, I don't see any output.
> I speculate this is because dom0 can't write/map into the UMA Framebuffer.
>
> This seems to be related to UMA / iGPU Memory Management.
>
> efifb: cannot reserve video memory at 0x60000000
> efi: EFI_MEMMAP isnot enabled
>
> I can't seem to see any AMD/Ryzen specific commits that are newer than
> 4.13.1, I was looking at cherry picking Xen commits related to AMD/Ryzen
> however I can't find any.

I am in the same situation, and have started exploring Qubes under VBox
as a temporary strategy for migrating to the new, much faster machine
(which in my case is a Thinkpad T14 also with Ryzen 4750U)... although I
would much prefer to get Xen/Qubes working properly on the new hardware.

--
Chris Laprise, tasket@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket