If yes, then why? When cars using Android then this Android virtualized by Xen? Am I right?

Please answer me.

Tnx.
Re: Xen and Automotive. [ In reply to ]
Hi Peter,

> On 5 Jul 2020, at 22:40, Peter <peter.jac@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I'm a student and new to Xen
> I want to know Xen and automotive mean that the Xen hypervisor running on a car? For example, BMW car.

There is no defined brand but the idea is to have Xen running on one or several computers inside a commercial car yes.

> If yes, then why? When cars using Android then this Android virtualized by Xen? Am I right?

Android running on top of Xen is one use case but there are lot more computers in a car on which virtualization could play a role.
For example the dashboard, autonomous driving, engine control, network connections, etc….
Using Xen would allow to run several systems on the same core but isolated one from an other for safety reasons but also to have different types of OS on the same processor (like autosar and Android for example).

Regards
Bertrand

Re: Xen and Automotive. [ In reply to ]
Thank you Bertrand.
Can you tell me some car computer models?
Can a car use multi OS? If yes, then why?
I'm a beginner and imagine it a little hard for me.
In this kind of cars, all components managing by OS? Change gears also?
I guess QNX on Mazerati cars is an example!!!

Re: Xen and Automotive. [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> On 6 Jul 2020, at 09:24, peter.jac@protonmail.com wrote:
>
> Thank you Bertrand.
> Can you tell me some car computer models?

Not really, there are a lot of different boards for Renesas, Xilinx or NXP for example that could be used.

> Can a car use multi OS? If yes, then why?

This is a very generic question with a huge number of answers.
If you search in internet you will find answers like the ones i gave you before.

> I'm a beginner and imagine it a little hard for me.
> In this kind of cars, all components managing by OS? Change gears also?

Well there are already a huge number of computers in a car, some using OS, some using bare metal applications.
You will easily find articles explaining that there are already over 50 computers in a car.

Keep in mind that a computer can be a single chip, like a microcontroller.

> I guess QNX on Mazerati cars is an example!!!

and many others.

Bertrand