Hello,What is the deference between "HVM with PV driver" and "PVHVM"? Both are same?
Thank you.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Re: "HVM with PV driver" and "PVHVM". [ In reply to ]
> Am 27.06.2020 um 19:57 schrieb Jason Long <hack3rcon@yahoo.com>:
>
> ?Hello,
> What is the deference between "HVM with PV driver" and "PVHVM"? Both are same?

Without going to deep into the details as xen history:

HVM with PV is not PVHVM.

PVHVM is nore Xen „PV with HVM“

Means, the core / primary „arch“ is different (one is PV - the other is HVM). From what i understand, frontend as backend drivers could be the same but must „support“ both modes.

pls correct me, if / where i‘m wrong here...

niels.

Niels Dettenbach
https://www.syndicat.com
https://www.syndicat.com/pub_key.asc
Re: "HVM with PV driver" and "PVHVM". [ In reply to ]
?

>> Am 28.06.2020 um 06:46 schrieb Jason Long <hack3rcon@yahoo.com>:
> I can't understand.
> Why no good documention?

There is documentation (for users):

https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/PV_on_HVM

beside the fact, that PVHVM ist still very new...