experience ?

Regards

Dan
xentop crash domU with Windows server 2019 evalution [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I have strange? experience? with %sub% and PV drivers 8.2.2 and 9. I
have run Windows server 2019 on Xen 4.11 (debian Buster). Without PV
drivers run well. After installing PV drivers

?I have some time strange crash o domU.? I have xvncviewer connected to
Windows desktop and it's disappear. After some time I recognize? that
after running xentop? domU crash.

Linux or Win without PV divers are not affected.? Have anybody the same
experience ?

Regards

Dan
Re: xentop crash domU with Windows server 2019 evalution [ In reply to ]
Hi Daniel,

On 24/06/20 5:13 pm, Daniel Smolik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have strange? experience? with %sub% and PV drivers 8.2.2 and 9. I
> have run Windows server 2019 on Xen 4.11 (debian Buster). Without PV
> drivers run well. After installing PV drivers
>
> ?I have some time strange crash o domU.? I have xvncviewer connected
> to Windows desktop and it's disappear. After some time I recognize
> that after running xentop? domU crash.
>
> Linux or Win without PV divers are not affected.? Have anybody the
> same experience ?

There is a known bug in Windows Server 2019 (and presumably Windows 10
too) that causes a BSOD.

More info here:

https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/win-pv-devel/2020-06/msg00000.html

Are you saying you can trigger it reliably by running xentop on dom0?

cheers,
Jan
Re: xentop crash domU with Windows server 2019 evalution [ In reply to ]
Hi Jan,

absolutely. But when run xentop Win doesn't fully crash. Only xvncviewer
ends and can't connect again. Rdesktop stops too. But win still running?
and I must destroy domU.

I try xl dmesg but there is nothing.

cheers

Dan

Re: xentop crash domU with Windows server 2019 evalution [ In reply to ]
Hi Jan,

Re: xentop crash domU with Windows server 2019 evalution [ In reply to ]
Hi Jan,

win server 2016 is not affected? with this bug.

Dan