--
Thanks and Regards.
Siddhartha V.
Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 noard. [ In reply to ]
Hi Siddharha,

On 28 Apr 2020, at 06:20, siddhartha v <siddhuvgowda.18695@gmail.com<mailto:siddhuvgowda.18695@gmail.com>> wrote:

The scope of my work is to port the Xen on Banana Pi- M1 board(Allwinner A20 dual-core SoC) with two domains. Here our target domain is automotive.

I am trying to build the Xen using the yocto build. I am actually trying the xen for the first time. So i wanted to know if I am on right path.

Do we get get any info or manual how the guest OS can be booted and maintained please,

Any suggestion help me a lot. Thanks in advance.

Arm published a collection yocto layers named meta-arm (https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-arm/)

There you will find the meta-arm-autonomy layer which is designed to help design automotive systems based on Xen on Arm.
Please check the meta-arm-autonomy/documentation folder for more information and contact me if you need help using it.

Regards
Bertrand
Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 noard. [ In reply to ]
Hello Sir,
Sorry for the late response I was bit busy yesterday.

I tried to look into it. But I am getting the "
This git.yoctoproject.org page can’t be found" error.

May I know what should I do now.

--
Thanks and Regards.
Siddhartha V.
Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 noard. [ In reply to ]
> On 29 Apr 2020, at 06:31, siddhartha v <siddhuvgowda.18695@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Sir,
> Sorry for the late response I was bit busy yesterday.
>
> I tried to look into it. But I am getting the "
> This git.yoctoproject.org page can’t be found" error.

It seems that their certificate expired. This should be solved shortly (I hope).

An other solution is to directly do a git clone of the layer git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-arm

Bertrand

Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 noard. [ In reply to ]
yeah, It worked. Thank you so much. Now I am going through the
documentation folder. Thank you sir. I will update you the progress.

--
Thanks and Regards.
Siddhartha V.
Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 noard. [ In reply to ]
Hello @Bertrand Marquis sir,

I referref the docs and trying to build the Xen for Banana-Pi M1.

my BBfile.conf is:
# POKY_BBLAYERS_CONF_VERSION is increased each time build/conf/bblayers.conf
# changes incompatibly
POKY_BBLAYERS_CONF_VERSION = "2"

BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
BBFILES ?= ""

BBLAYERS ?= " \
/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/zeus/poky-zeus/meta \
/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/zeus/poky-zeus/meta-poky \
/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/zeus/poky-zeus/meta-yocto-bsp \
/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/zeus/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \

/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/zeus/meta-openembedded/meta-multimedia
\
/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/zeus/meta-openembedded/meta-python \

/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/zeus/meta-openembedded/meta-networking
\

/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/zeus/meta-openembedded/meta-filesystems
\
/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/zeus/meta-virtualization \
/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/zeus/meta-arm/meta-arm-autonomy \
"

and changes local.conf
MACHINE ??= "bpi-m1 " (Here I have tried multiple names for banana Pim1)
DISTRO_FEATURES += "arm-autonomy-host"

But the bitbake is not happening below I am attaching the errors may I know
what wrong I am doing here please:
for
MACHINE ??= "bpi-m1 " (Here I have tried multiple names for banana Pim1)
DISTRO_FEATURES += "arm-autonomy-host"

"
siddhu@siddhu:~/Documents/yocto/zeus/build$ bitbake
arm-autonomy-host-image-minimal
ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server (None)
ERROR: Server log for this session
(/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/zeus/build/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
--- Starting bitbake server pid 9217 at 2020-05-04 16:20:46.735269 ---
ERROR: ParseError in conf/machine/bpi-m1: not a BitBake file

apart from this:
bitbake arm-autonomy-host-image-minimal
ERROR: Layer 'virtualization-layer' depends on layer 'filesystems-layer',
but this layer is not enabled in your configuration

siddhu@siddhu:~/Documents/yocto/zeus/build$ clear

siddhu@siddhu:~/Documents/yocto/zeus/build$ bitbake
arm-autonomy-host-image-minimal
ERROR: OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential
misconfiguration.
Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the
checker (see sanity.conf).
Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

MACHINE=BananaPiM1 is invalid. Please set a valid MACHINE in your
local.conf, environment or other configuration file.

[...]

MACHINE=BananaPi is invalid. Please set a valid MACHINE in your
local.conf, environment or other configuration file.

siddhu@siddhu:~/Documents/yocto/zeus/build$ bitbake
arm-autonomy-host-image-minimal
ERROR: OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential
misconfiguration.
Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the
checker (see sanity.conf).
Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

MACHINE=Bananapi is invalid. Please set a valid MACHINE in your
local.conf, environment or other configuration file.

siddhu@siddhu:~/Documents/yocto/zeus/build$

bitbake arm-autonomy-host-image-minimal
ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server (None)
ERROR: Server log for this session
(/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/zeus/build/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
--- Starting bitbake server pid 9217 at 2020-05-04 16:20:46.7

*Thanks and Regards,*
*Siddhartha V*
*9972583616*

--
Thanks and Regards.
Siddhartha V.
Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 noard. [ In reply to ]
even I am attaching the local.conf file here.

--
Thanks and Regards.
Siddhartha V.
Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 noard. [ In reply to ]
Hi Siddhartha,

There are several errors here and the main one is there is not support for your board in Yocto.

Meta-arm-autonomy provides a way to use xen but does not provide the bsp for your board.
To use it you will first need to have a BSP for your board in Yocto.
You might need to search for a layer supporting your board and once found add it to your project.

Regards
Bertrand

On 4 May 2020, at 11:56, siddhartha v <siddhuvgowda.18695@gmail.com<mailto:siddhuvgowda.18695@gmail.com>> wrote:

[...]

MACHINE=BananaPi is invalid. Please set a valid MACHINE in your local.conf, environment or other configuration file.

siddhu@siddhu:~/Documents/yocto/zeus/build$ bitbake arm-autonomy-host-image-minimal
ERROR: OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

MACHINE=Bananapi is invalid. Please set a valid MACHINE in your local.conf, environment or other configuration file.

siddhu@siddhu:~/Documents/yocto/zeus/build$

bitbake arm-autonomy-host-image-minimal
ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server (None)
ERROR: Server log for this session (/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/zeus/build/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
--- Starting bitbake server pid 9217 at 2020-05-04 16:20:46.7

Thanks and Regards,
Siddhartha V
9972583616

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 1:33 PM Bertrand Marquis <Bertrand.Marquis@arm.com<mailto:Bertrand.Marquis@arm.com>> wrote:

> On 29 Apr 2020, at 06:31, siddhartha v <siddhuvgowda.18695@gmail.com<mailto:siddhuvgowda.18695@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello Sir,
> Sorry for the late response I was bit busy yesterday.
>
> I tried to look into it. But I am getting the "
> This git.yoctoproject.org<http://git.yoctoproject.org/> page can’t be found" error.

It seems that their certificate expired. This should be solved shortly (I hope).

An other solution is to directly do a git clone of the layer git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-arm<http://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-arm>

Bertrand

--
Thanks and Regards.
Siddhartha V.
Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 noard. [ In reply to ]
ok sir. Will check about it.

--
Thanks and Regards.
Siddhartha V.
Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 board. [ In reply to ]
Hi Bertrand sir,

As i am not able to give target machine=bananapim1 i tbought of giving
cubeiboard2 as it also uses the allwinner a20 soc.

But every time I do bitbake @82% the gcc-sanitizers-8.3.0-r0 do_compile
task starts but at that time whole system hangs and i dont have any option
other than doing direct power off of the system. I waited at this stage for
about 4-5 hrs 3 times.

May i know what is wrong here please.

This happened when i tried to build for RPI3 also.

Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 board. [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> On 21 May 2020, at 14:40, siddhartha v <siddhuvgowda.18695@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Bertrand sir,
>

> As i am not able to give target machine=bananapim1 i tbought of giving cubeiboard2 as it also uses the allwinner a20 soc.
>
> But every time I do bitbake @82% the gcc-sanitizers-8.3.0-r0 do_compile task starts but at that time whole system hangs and i dont have any option other than doing direct power off of the system. I waited at this stage for about 4-5 hrs 3 times.
>
> May i know what is wrong here please.
>
> This happened when i tried to build for RPI3 also.

Sorry but it sounds like you must figure out how to have you board supported on Yocto without Xen before I can help you on that.

You should look for a layer adding support for your board for Yocto, it sounds for [1] that meta-mediatek might help you with that.

Regards
Bertrand

[1]: http://forum.banana-pi.org/t/yocto-openembedded-layer-available-for-mt7623/4898

Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 board. [ In reply to ]
hi,

I was building the xen minimal image using yocto by giving the target
machine as "cubieboard2". It reached 99% but at last I got below error and
the whole process terminated with error.

cachedir:
/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/build/tmp/work/cubieboard2-poky-linux-gnueabi/xen-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs/var/cache/dnf
Added oe-repo repo from
/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/build/tmp/work/cubieboard2-poky-linux-gnueabi/xen-image-minimal/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo
repo: using cache for: oe-repo
not found other for:
not found modules for:
not found deltainfo for:
not found updateinfo for:
oe-repo: using metadata from Fri 22 May 2020 01:24:47 PM UTC.
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Fri 22 May 2020 01:24:48 PM
UTC.
No module defaults found
No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-blkback
No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-gntalloc
No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-gntdev
No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-netback
No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-wdt
Error: Unable to find a match

ERROR: xen-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs:
ERROR: xen-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/build/tmp/work/cubieboard2-poky-linux-gnueabi/xen-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.28729
ERROR: Task
(/home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/sources/meta-virtualization/recipes-extended/images/xen-image-minimal.bb:do_rootfs)
failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2606 tasks of which 2605 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.

do_rootfs

May I know what went wrong please. I have attached screenshot also.

--
Thanks and Regards.
Siddhartha V.
Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 board. [ In reply to ]
Hi Siddharta,

> On 22 May 2020, at 14:28, siddhartha v <siddhuvgowda.18695@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> I was building the xen minimal image using yocto by giving the target machine as "cubieboard2". It reached 99% but at last I got below error and the whole process terminated with error.

Those are Yocto issues related to meta-virtualization so you might find more help on meta-virtualization mailing list if the following help is not enough.

> cachedir: /home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/build/tmp/work/cubieboard2-poky-linux-gnueabi/xen-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs/var/cache/dnf
> Added oe-repo repo from /home/siddhu/Documents/yocto/build/tmp/work/cubieboard2-poky-linux-gnueabi/xen-image-minimal/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo
> repo: using cache for: oe-repo
> not found other for:
> not found modules for:
> not found deltainfo for:
> not found updateinfo for:
> oe-repo: using metadata from Fri 22 May 2020 01:24:47 PM UTC.
> Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Fri 22 May 2020 01:24:48 PM UTC.
> No module defaults found
> No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-blkback
> No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-gntalloc
> No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-gntdev
> No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-netback
> No match for argument: kernel-module-xen-wdt
> Error: Unable to find a match

This error is coming from the fact that the kernel for your board is not building some xen backend drivers and the final image for xen wants to include them.
You should add those drivers as modules in your kernel configuration

Bertrand

Re: Query regarding booting XEN on Banana Pi-M1 board. [ In reply to ]
Thank you sir,

I will check into it.

Thanks
Siddhartha V